𝓃ℯℯ𝒹 𝓎ℴ𝓊 𝓃ℴ𝓌

Devon's mom has recently survived a near death attack with Chucky and Devon can't stop having nightmares of her doing the exact opposite. One night the dream hits too close to home and he needs his greatest source of comfort aka his boyfriend who will understand his fears with no hesitation.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
This can be read as a stand-alone or a part 2 of "Let's Run A Film."
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Jake's pov

The sound of an incoming phone call is the noise that wakes me up at 2 or 3 something a.m. I make no haste to answer it seeing as I had just woke up and not by my own choice. My glassy eyes make out the green accept button and I slowly press it.

"Hello?" I call out, my voice slightly raspy as I move my left hand to rub my eyes. "Jake" a familiar voice calls out shakily. A hiccupy gasp soon follows. I sit up quickly, aware of who I was talking to. Devon. He sounded like he was in tears.

"Devon? Are you crying? What's happened? Where are you?" I start questioning him hastily. There's silence for a few seconds and before I can start questioning again he begins to talk.

"I'm home" he says before letting out a long heavy sigh. "Can you come over? Please." He pleads. "I'll be there soon. I'll call you when I'm there." I say quickly, already moving towards my closet to grab a hoodie. I then grab my keys off my desk  and my shoes I left by my door before I leave out. "Thank you" he says before ending the call.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Devon's pov

I had waken up in a cold sweat with tears streaming down my eyes. My first thought was to call Jake. When I had ended the call I had finally noticed the time and swore to myself. 2:43 a.m.

After realizing this I get up from my bed and make my way to my bedroom bathroom and began to wash away the sweat from my face and neck. As I finish I began to take deep breaths to calm myself down. Before heading back to my room I reapply some deodorant.

When I get back to my room, I try to lay back down but everytime that I close my eyes all I see is that dream happening all over again. No...it wasn't a dream, it was a nightmare. My mom's fall down the stairs of Jake and Junior's house.

I watch from the bottom of the steps as she tumbles closer and closer to me. When she reaches the end her neck snaps so loud that I can hear it. Even now I can hear it and it was just a nightmare. A soft chime coming from my phone pulls me out of my thoughts. A text from Jake.

I rush out of my room and softly tiptoe down the steps to the front door. I turn the doorknob and pull on it to come face to face with my boyfriend. He's wearing grey sneakers, black sweats, and a white hoodie. I let him come in before shutting the door.

He immediately engulfs me in a hug as I turn to him. I melt into his touch, sighing softly at his comforting touch. "Thank you for coming." I say to him. "I wouldn't leave you alone when you need me, Devon." He replies before kissing my forehead and then my shoulder. A sigh of relief leaves my lips and I just press myself harder against his body, practically fusing us together.

We stand for a few more seconds before Jake starts pulling away, he breaks the hug and instead holds me hand and gives me a soft look with a shy smile. He then starts leading me to the kitchen where he grabs me a bottled water from the fridge and hands it to me.

After I take the water he leads me upstairs to my room. When we get there I shut the door with my foot and then turn back to Jake. "What happened? Do you want to talk about it now or go back to sleep?" He asks softly. I look up at him before sighing and moving to sit on my bed, Jake following me as I did so.

"I had a nightmare" I start before continuing, "It was when my mom was falling...but this time she didn't make it." I cringe before adding on, "There was this sound that her neck made and it snapped and I just stood there and watched and- and it was horrifying" I explain as a lump starts to form in my throat. I feel Jake's hand on my face turning me to him. He had a look of concern etched onto his face but his eyes were so warm.

He begins wiping tears off my face that I didn't even notice were falling or had formed at all. "You're okay." He says softly before kissing my forehead and looking back into my eyes. "Your mom is okay. You didn't lose her and you're not going to." His thumbs stroked my face as he spoke and I give him a small smile after hearing his words.

"I've never been that scared in my life." I tell him and it's that truth. Nothing will ever come close to that terrifying outcome of what could have happened. Jake moves his hands off my face and  pulls me into a hug. His hands resting on my back as I bury my face in his neck. This was nice.

"We're going to do everything we can to never put you guys in that situation again. I promise Dev." Jake swears and I move to look into his eyes. "You mean all of us. None of us can ever lose each other, promise me that. I can't lose you either." I correct him.

"I promise." He says easily and I smile. "Want to go back to sleep?" He asks me and I nod. "Will you stay?" I question and he chuckles softly. "Always."
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Word count: 1030
Written: March 8, 2023
Published: June 10, 2023
HAPPY PRIDE MONTH!!!💛💗💙🏳️‍🌈