❦𝓈𝒽ℴ𝓊𝓁𝒹ℯ𝓇 𝓀𝒾𝓈𝓈ℯ𝓈❦

Jevon + shoulder kisses
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Omfg!!! It's literally Canon that Jake kisses Dev's shoulder to give him comfort?!!?!! They can punch me, choke me, kill me, take my phone, but I will thank them because I will remember this fact and this video exists. (Sorry but the representation!!! And it's shown in such a sweet way!!!) (I had to republish this cuz y'all couldn't see the gif, tell me if u see it now)
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Devon's pov

Tears were flowing out of my eyes and strained hiccups were escaping from my mouth. My body was shaking uncontrollably and my chest was heaving. My mom was now dead. She tumbled down the steps. Her neck snapped. She was now with my dad...and I was alone. Well I would be if Jake wasn't currently cradling my body as I broke down. My face was stuffed against his chest and my arms around his waist.

"Please...please wake up, please make it stop." I pleaded, though I wasn't sure if I was talking to myself trying to convince myself that I was having a dream or begging my mom to miraculously start breathing oxygen through her lungs again.

Jake continues to rub comforting circles onto my shoulders and rocking me back and forth. "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have gotten any of you involved." Jake whispers to me, his voice wavering. I sob harder, "this hurts so much" are the only words I can let out. Jake hugs me even tighter.

Jake's lips press a kiss to my shoulder and I lean into his touch. "I know and I'm sorry. I won't let go, you won't deal with this alone. I promise." He vows before kissing the same spot again over and over, eventually my sobs quiet down and then everything goes black.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Jake's pov

Today was Kim's funeral and Devon's aunt was in hysterics. We were at Kim's wake and her sister was breaking down in tears, words stuttered and barely coherent. My uncle and Lexy's dad were attempting to comfort her but they barely knew her so it definitely wasn't the consolement of a longtime friend and wasn't working. Junior was with Caroline trying to distract her from the random crying lady and Lexy was a few feet away from me in a corner with her mother who was scolding her over absolutely nothing.

Devon was currently holed up in his room and it was perfectly understandable. After the loss of a mother, a very good and loving one at that who he was close with & his only remaining parent, it's expected that you won't be able to function properly and socialize with others. However after personally experiencing this same loss I couldn't just leave him alone with the thoughts that would be intruding his head, at least not without him knowing that i'm here for him if he wants (more importantly, needs) me to.

I make my way up the polished Goldenrod colored stairs that were radiating the smell of pinesole or fabuloso, when my left foot reaches the stop step I hesitate. After inhaling a big breath I begin walking again only to stop again, this time right in front of Devon's door and I let out the big breath I had been holding in. I say a silent prayer before knocking on his door.

"Please don't tell me I have to go down those steps, Aunt Ci (short for Ciara cuz that's the name i'm giving his aunt in my book universe)" Devon groans tiredly from behind the door. "Well I'm not your aunt and I was going to say it'd be nice to have you down there but umm...you definitely don't have to, not if it makes you uncomfortable." I reply awkwardly. There's a pause, the air suddenly stiff even though he's in a locked room and i'm in a hallway. "Hey Jake." He says after while, obviously knowing I wouldn't have left.