ᵗʰᵉ ᶜᵘᵗᵉ ˡⁱᵍʰᵗⁱⁿᵍ ᵈⁱʳᵉᶜᵗᵒʳ

In which Devon is the lead in the school play and Jake is the cute boy in black who works with the lights. Devon has to talk to him and his friends need to help him. Gay chaotic fluff.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Just to let y'all know I do claim the title of Jevon's fairy godmother and you sluts better appreciate that. Sorry not sorry Lexy.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Lexy's pov

It was hard work being the female lead in the school's bummy but not so bummy ass play. Especially when your costar who in supposed to be in love with you keeps making eyes at the curly haired lighting director who just can't seem to get the hint that Devon's been flirting with him since day 1.

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea, my love as deep; the more I give to thee, the more I have, for both are infinite." I say whole heartedly to Devon, only looking up to his eyes halfway through my line, to see him looking right at me.

Well not entirely at me, he was looking straight past the right of my head to look at Jake who was staring at us, entirely focused on how the light looked. I roll my eyes at him before not so lightly hitting him with my script. Letting out a scoff as I do so. Our director yelling "cut!"

Devon flinched; "what was that for?" He inquired. I huff; "you yet again missed your cue because of a guy who only knows you exist because you keep messing up his light cues with all of your staring" I reply. "He knows I exist other that..." He pouts at me with sad eyes. I sigh.

"Look if you want to talk to him so bad just walk towards him and talk. You go to the same school and share like 2/3 classes together, ask him about homework or studying. Or even ask about the play, just stop messing up practice." I reprimand him. Devon sucks his teeth. "Ugh but that's difficult, why can't he just read my mind and flirt with me?" He says. "Because guys are stupid." I say.

"Why are we stupid?" Oliver asks as he and Junior enter stage left and walk up to us. "Because Devon won't talk to his crush and because of that he keeps fucking up the play. He's literally the lead, your supposed to know this shit" I answer.

"Oh, yeah that checks out. Guess what? I finished you guys costumes and they look like they need to be worn on a fucking red carpet or sum shit." Oliver tells us gleefully. "Language Oliver!" Our director says as she passes by. He shrugs;"tell me more about this crush." "Yeah who is he?" Junior asks.

Devon hangs his head before turning around and pointing to the topic of our conversation, his neck turning crimson and cheeks turning rosy, "I don't even know if he's LGBTQ or not" Devon states. "Oh Jake? Isn't he your cousin?" Oliver questions, turning to Junior. Upon hearing this both Devon and I whip our heads in Junior's direction.

"Wait really?" We asks, obviously not knowing this information unlike Oliver. "Yeah he's gay as shit. He's known his whole life, and came out forever ago. Both his rooms in my house and his have a rainbow and gay male pride flag along with a trans ally flag." Juniors says nonchalantly.

"Introduce him now!! He won't stop fucking up if you don't." I plead. "Yeah introduce me please!!! I want a boyfriend, I'm tired of hanging out with you guys." Devon pleads along with me. "Won't have to, he's walking up to us right now." Junior states. "Wait what?!" Devon and I semi-shout before turning around.

"Um hi. I'm Jake, Junior's cousin. Can I talk to you?" He asks me. We all raise our eyebrows. "Umm, yeah, sure, of course, why not?" I answer in shock. He leads me away from the boys. "Umm that boy, Devon.. why does he keep messing up and staring at me? Does he have stage fright or something? Does he want to quit and is to afraid to tell the director? Or does he know I'm gay and he's homophobic?" He bombards me with questions.