3. I DON'T TAKE ORDERS!

MONAMI

I FELT RELIEVED ORDERING MR. GRUMPY IMPERFECTIONIST. What does he think of himself? He will summon me? It's my hospital, not his shooting set. He will work according to me, not me.

I already fetched discharge papers from Ishika and signed it. So, one that karan is bringing with him is a copy. And I'm not gonna sign it. According to him, I'm conceited so yes, I am. I will never sign what he's gonna get along with him.

I was working on my laptop writing a prescription for Mrs. Shergill, my door slam opened. Ofcourse, it was Karan. He came and whacked that paper on my table. I stood up.

Before he could say anything, I showed him my Palm and picked those papers to tear it infront of him. He looked at me bewildered. Ok that was too much drama for the day.

"Are you....are you crazy or what?" He bellowed. Ofcourse I'm crazy and everything because I'm perfect.

"Here! I've already signed it. You can sign on it and take your mom home. You can leave!" I said and sat back on my rolling chair to continue what I was doing.

"Monami How can you...." He was all 'bout to shriek when I interrupted.

"Listen Karan, I'm writing your mom's prescription so I hope you'll like to leave now. Do you want any nuisance in her dosages? Please let me work!" I said while observing regret on his face.

"Um- ok! Don't ruin that." He suddenly croaked. "I want my mom perfectly fine within these months. Do you get that?" He shouted at me. How dare he shout at me? And he is pointing at my expertise?

"Ofcourse I get that. But that is only possible when you'll not interrupt your nose in my work. She's my patient and I was taught to take care of patients. So please, you better not teach ne what should I do or what, not!" I said in one breathe by crossing my arms and getting success in shutting him up.

He gulped and glared at the same time as he is showing hatred and fear together. I handed him the papers and he left again slamming the door behind him. He must be muttering something bad about me but, whatever. For all I care.

The prescription was ready. It was long, as her health is way worse than she thinks. I'm so sure I will make her perfectly fine in these months and she will never get to know that she was so critical once. Whether she comes here or I go there.

I gave the slip to one of the peons and sent him to get these medicines from pharmacy and was all set to head to my home.

"Abhi bhaiya medicines lekar ayenge, karan Shergill ko de dena!" I said to Ishika (receptionist) on the way to my car outside. Poor Ishika, grinded in between of us. She sadly nodded. I wonder what karan would have reacted when she had to say that I called karan in my office.

Finally, I'm in my car and moving out of here. I took this day off for my father, to spend time with him but Karan ruined it too.

I opened the door with the spare key I'm always having with me and silently sneaked in like a thief to see what he is doing.

There he is! In the kitchen. His most probable place. I gently stomped near him and shout in his ear to scare him. And guess what? He wasn't scared. It's my somewhat 1000000004 times I did it since childhood and he isn't scared.

"What dad? Kabhi to Dara karo." I pouted as I crossed my arms.

"Tum ache se daraya to karo!" He retorted. He is a package of savage answers to make me laugh and angry at the same time.

"Come on! Snacks mein kya hai?" I asked sneaking over his shoulder smelling some exotic Italian ravioli. Ahh! I need to stop dripping water coming from the corner of my lips.

"Just for you!" He said flaunting his dish.

"Hmmm! Kabse bana rahe ho aap ye?" I asked keeping my hands on my waist.

"Um- actually.....since you left for hospital in the morning." He said continuing to garnish the plate.

"Okkk!" I suspiciously stretched. "Where's aunty?" I asked him.

My aunty is a sweet natured brown haired sexy lady who behaved like my mom since she left me in this world alone. She is having the most tempting and adorable deep brown eyes which compel me to fall for her but I resist.

She lives in my house as she's still unmarried. When my mom was at her critical situation and she had no one to take care of her, she called her sister, Ms. Riddhi Taneja, to be with her always. Dad was out of country and stuck there due to lockdown and I was busy in my hectic routine during pandemic.

I still feel so guilty that in saving life of world, I lost my world. I wasn't near her to caress her head and interwine my fingers in hers to say that, mom your daughter is with you always and she will never let anything happen to you. And I wasn't there with her. For her.

"She's upstairs!" Daddy replied still busy with his garnishing.

"Are chodo ab, kabse lage huye ho. Khane do mere ko ab." I said snatching plate from his hands and heading towards dining table.

"Monami! Tum hospital se aayi ho! Go get fresh!" He said again snatching plate from my hand from behind. Etiquettes, he is full of. Huh!

I headed upstairs as I waved at my aunt on way to my room. She, as always, gave me a broad pink lipped smile to make my day even better.

As I entered my room, I heaved a exasperated sigh tossing myself on the bed wearily. I need to be calm and happy with my two family members now as my day was so disgruntled because of that fake man a.k.a actor.

Having a conversation with his mom, it....it just felt like, how is she managing with him. He's... He's so, you know, puzzled. He needs to change himself otherwise he's gonna rip off.

I forgot to give the information to my dad and aunt about going to Karan's house everyday from now on until Mrs. Shergill gets perfectly fine. Because I've lied that she just had a minor attack because of this confidence that I would be able to be succeeded in treating her.

I know that's against ethics and the patient and her family members should be aware with everything but confidence in myself is even bigger than anything. And I've to mention, it's not overconfidence. I know what I'm doing.

I trudged to the bathroom picking up the towel from hanger on my almirah, not inside. I just rotated the shower faucet knowing that I've still put on my clothes. I really want to wash my face and body with cold water and slipping down the thoughts of the day, focusing on the smell of ravioli.

I so need it right now. I'm coming food....

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

So guys...

How was it? Did you liked what you read so far?

There are very few of my own books I like and this is gonna be one of them. Actually, it is!

Are you liking it? Your feedback matters most!!

VOTE

COMMENT