23. MAKES A GOOD PAIR!

I SEVERAL TIMES TRIED TO CONNECT TO HER family but no one picked up the other line. What's wrong with them. If anyone wants to connect in emergency then what they'll do.

I dialled from my phone then after. Maybe, her dad is generous enough to pick a call from unknown number. Otherwise he's a hole ass. Sorry Monami.

"Hello. Finally uncle, before hanging listen to me. Monami--"

He hung up.

He's a complete asshole. I'm sure now. Not sorry Monami this time. Because I care for you and he doesn't, as much as I know him.

I didn't feel like calling him now if he doesn't care of his daughter who is out of her house at 10pm. No father would let their daughter out for such high time.

Meanwhile, my mom called me. She's a good parent. Who cares for a son who was with her only few minutes ago. And Monami's father doesn't care for a daughter who is not at home since morning. Sick!

"Hello!" I picked it up, greeting distracted.

"Hello Karan! What the hell? You can't just leave frantically without letting me know the reason. I was scared." I heard a sigh from other side. She was scared. I pity on Monami.

"Mom mom, listen. Listen carefully. Monami got injured, in an accident." I brazenly said while she reacted in haww other side. "I'm in hospital. She's inside the ICU."

"I hope she's fine. It hadn't been a good Day for her." She mourned. "Take care of her ha, if you're with her. Wait, did you tell her father? He must be tens--"

"No mom. And no need to be." I said cutting her off. Not on this earth he could be tensed for his daughter. Bloody asshole. Sorry Monami.

"What are you saying?" She curiously asked. "He must be knowing!"

"He need not be. Mom I had called him for informing but he bloody-- he disconnected without listening. Do you think he cares?" I fiercely exclaimed.

"He must be tensed. It's 10 pm and his daughter is not at home."

"I thought the same and so I called him."

"And in few minutes he will be here to ask for his daughter?" She asked curiously and I'm imagining her to keep her hands on her waist.

"He will not. And if he will be, just say, wherever she is, she's safe with karan." I confidently exclaimed. After listening to my name and that I'm with his daughter, he'll be tensed in actual senses.

"Karan why don't you get his--"

"I'll be safe mom, bye!" I disconnected before she could give me lessons how a father gets tensed for their daughter.

After talking to her, I had waited for some 10 to 15 more minutes outside the ICU when the doctor came out giving me the news that Monami is actually fine. He better say this.

I went to him to assure him that I'm from her family.

Wait, not family. I'm with her.

"How is she now?" I asked wistfully.

"She's actually fine. Don't worry. She's sleeping for now. Let her gain consciousness." Ofcourse I would let her. "And we'll shift her in general ward afterwards." He added

"Thank you." After he's gone out of my sight, I realised I was bit eccentric with my tone of appreciating, was I?

I went inside as per he said, I didn't woke her up or disturbing her. Even if I want to wake her, she won't. She's fainted.