44. BAD HABIT!

HOW MUCH MY FATE CAN DECEIVE ME LIKE THIS?

I deliberately refused to go with Karan and now this.

God if this is done by you to make me take help with Karan then I'll do anything but not call Karan.

I fetched my phone from the car and opened uber. My home is literally half an hour away from here so I'm not gonna disturb any of my family members. Calling a cab is a better idea, isn't it?

Finally filling up the details, I kept my phone back in the car. It took me a lot of time as there was very less signal. I doubt if it happens everyday. Because today, my fate is extremely enraged with me.

I don't want to park myself in the car. It will anyway suffocate me. So I ended up leaning against the bonnet. And I think it's not difficult for me to pass my time as I'm a introvert who prefers alone time.

I've an excuse now to say to my dad why I was late. And I will not lie.

After 10 minutes or something, I heard my phone ringing inside the car so I went to fetch it again. It was KARAN?

"Hello?"

"Yeah." I said sighing.

"Reached home?"

"Not yet." I said looking around.

"What? Where are you? What are you doing? How are you not at home yet? I told you that I can drop you. You are way too stubborn. Whats wrong? Will you bother to speak?"

"Wait Karan. Breathe. I was driving, but," I felt awkward saying the truth. He offered me to come with him but I was the one to deny. "My car gave up."

"What are you doing right now?" His voice was so impulsive and hectic that I could imagine his tension over the call.

"I called a cab. It will be here anytime." I casually said.

"Why didn't you call Sid or your dad instead?"

"My home is far from here." I said sighing. He was asking a lot of questions. Inquisitive.

"Why didn't you call me then Ms. Monami Mahajan?" His tone was taunting. And he was gritting his teeth.

"Because I don't need your help Mr. Karan Shergill." I retorted immediately. "I'm resilient."

He exhaled sharply and I could hear that clearly. His exhalation was loud. "Cancel that cab right away Monami. I'm coming."

"I'm not doing that."

"Then don't. But I'm coming Monami and dare you if you sat in the cab."

"Why?" I squealed.

"Because I don't trust cab drivers."

"But I do. This is not the first time I'm traveling in a cab."

"I'm coming and that's final. Don't go in the cab." He sent me a ultimatum. I removed the phone from my ear but then, "And hello" I placed it back.

"What are you doing right now?"

"I'm standing against outside!"

"Then......................"

I was listening to him but then a truck with that loud musical sound passed. There was not a single vehicle few seconds ago.

When it passed, I again hello-ed him, no sound from other side. I looked at the my phone going off with a beep.

Fuck.

No.

It's battery exhausted.

What more can you do god? Don't you ever feel exhausted doing all this to me?