34. ARE YOU FLIRTING?

MONAMI

"How did you know Sid is on the call? How do you know he likes Sanjana? From how much of time you're waiting here?" I threw questions as he hung up the call with Sid. "Will you speak?"

"Ok! So, I saw, Sid indicating you to call him. I thought I misunderstood it but then you called him. I was assured." He is spying. What was the need to observe me and Sid? We don't have privacy infront of him that means.

"Oh! Woh--"

"No explanation please!"

"Ok." I shrugged. "I'll not give. But you continue please."

"I observed Sid to be perfectly white when he was entering but as soon as he saw Sanju, his cheeks got red and were getting redder."

Oh God! Just tell me he's an actor and not a detective. Is this the only thing left to observe Sid?

Wait! He observed Sid only. While he was indicating, while he was blushing. Sid inside said that he likes Karan. Is-- um-- something, going on?

C'mon Monami, have some water. You're getting sick. Actually day by day. My conscience sarcastically stopped me from thinking like, something like this. I was getting sick for sure.

"And since when you're waiting for figuring things out?" I asked moving my hands in double quote while saying figure.

"Since 7 pm. Because I know, you leave at 8. But today you got late."

So, since 2 hours, he was waiting just to figure things out. And now he is not even speaking. I wanted to speak. Speak and speak a lot. He is melting me more.

But you're still not sure about your feelings. My subconscious shouted. And it was right.

"I wanted to say," finally he came at point, "that, in the morning, whatever I said to you--"

"Whatever you said, I listened. And for god's sake, I don't want to relive that moment by remembering that."

He brought that up again. I thought he'd, he'd do something to make me happy. And he enraged me now.

"Listen Monami, I regret that. I've done the worst deed saying that. I was guilty whole day and, Sanjana even scolded me."

"Ok so Sanjana scolded you, that's why you're saying that?" I asked directly looking at him. But he wasn't meeting his gaze with me.

"No!" He squealed. "Why do you always misunderstand?"

"I mis--"

"Monami!" He clasped my hand, placed on my lap. I wasn't ready for it. My heart sank to my stomach. "I'm really very sorry. What else do you want to listen, I'll say that."

"Um--" I stammered, my hand trembling even gripped in his hand. I gulped. My eyes were squinting between his face and that hand which he isn't ready to take back. "Nothing. My--my hand."

"Oh sorry!" He immediately taken his hand back putting it again on the steering wheel, driving slowly.

"Can I, ask you something?" I asked after a gap of second.

"Yep!"

"Who told you that we had a fight because of you?" I severely asked.

"Why are you asking this though?"

"Karan please no more questions over questions. Answer me please." I croaked.

"Uh-- your aunty's call came on your phone at that day of accident. She told me that. And afterwards, I was feeling so guilty for what did I do." He explained.