54. I DON'T CARE!

MOM ALWAYS KNOWS, RIGHT?

I went and sat back near her. Not to mention, she threatened. Even blackmailed. If I don't listen to her, she will refuse to get any kind of treatment. Ok, I know that's a hollow threat but I'm still scared.

Sanju stood beside me all the time even when she was told to sit like a thousand times by all of us. She never sat. She was desperate.

While telling me all about how Monami was blackmailed, she is going to Canada and one of our friend's house, Koel, Sanju panted like it's the end. She told me how Sid had confessed his love to her. I admire that.

Siya infront of me was having a difficult time too. Sid and Monami are really close to her. Siya is someone who can make anyone her best friend really soon and she get attached with them. The thought of them leaving broke her even more after already knowing that Monami betrayed us.

According to mom, she didn't. Mom already knew of her plan so technically, Monami didn't cheat her. Or us. But Monami doesn't know that mom already knows and the one who told her was none other than Mr. Agarwal himself.

He's playing from two sides. Actually, he's like the greatest mastermind of all this.

The thought of Monami leaving, for some reason that I can't figure out, made a electric pulse run through me. I wasn't ready in my head to devour the fact I was told. I said I don't care. But why do I feel that I do? That the thought of her leaving is making me nauseous?

"Karan, I don't know how you had never seen it but it was so evident that she is so into you." Mom said calmly but I'm freaking out. My leg continuously shivering on the ground as I desperately try to stick myself to the chair. "You suck at this."

"Even though she loves me, I don't. I never did." I replied being unsure of what I'm saying. I'm playing dumb here.

"Who are you kidding with Karan?" Mom suddenly changed her tone to Mocking and then serious. "Me? Us? Or yourself? Don't do this to yourself Karan. You never listen to what that heart of yours scream. You always listens to what you want to."

I listen to what is perfect in keeping you and Siya happy. I listen to what could make my family happy, not me. I never mattered nor that I will. Whether mom cared for me or not, I never had the time to think that I'm supposed to take care of myself too. So I'm not used to it. I'm better off leaving my happiness behind.

"She lied to us mom." I grit my teeth together bone on bone. My anger overshadowing my empathy now. "You knew about it by Mr. Agarwal, not her. That means she hid it. She risked your life and you let her do it. But I couldn't. I could never trust her."

"You're again putting it wrong Karan." She coldly smiled. "You already trust her. You are just angry right now. As soon as you just once let her speak, you'll forget that anger too and your trust will be back. I believe you hadn't let her speak when you you would have outburst on her?"

"She doesn't deserve to explain herself." I mumbled. "It's her perfection which will get a lot of people killed one day. She deserves punishment."

"You'll not give her punishment and yourself." Mom retorted immediately. "I'm alive right now to do that. She lied to me, not you. Only if you had ever seen that guilt and regret of lying to you in her eyes. Because I did."

Can she feel guilty, too? I thought she doesn't have the nerve to do that. Perfectionist never do something to feel guilty about. But then again, she isn't one. She just desires to be so some day and that risked my mom's fucking life.

"I'm sorry mom, I can't forgive her." I mumbled again. Her burning glare cutting through me again and even if couldn't look up to see her, I could feel it.