37. BEFRIEND HER!

KARAN

AS I WAS ON THE WAY TO MY house, my heart was immensely beating. I was not in senses that I faced Monami's father and, I was confident. That's something I had never imagine and wish for least.

How could he be so intimidating? How could anyone be? He made Karan shiver in his head. I would have passed out any moment but watching Monami frustrated, who's expecting me to save her, I was succeeded in making a good excuse.

I am now more relieved that I'll be one to bring and drop Monami. I'll satisfy myself. And messaging her everyday if she's ok or not will be halted.

As I pulled up infront of my house, I parked the car in garage and stomped in. Observing my mother to be gnawing and oscillating her eyes between watch and dining table, I reached to her.

"You didn't have dinner, right?" I asked as I parked myself near her and laid my head on her shoulder.

"Was Waiting for you. You're late today!" She firmly scolded.

"Yeah, I went to Sanjana's and when I was getting back, I saw Monami getting out of house, so I thought I should drop her and discuss your health with her." I lied the same to her. That worked.

"Okay." She streched. "Actually, you both had a fight in the morning, right? What was that?"

Why would she bring up this now? Ugh! I'm not feeling like explaining anything to her. And however, I would never reveal that we fought because Monami's father thought that she's so obsessed with me. That thing is stretching a lot. I want to throw that thought out of my bloody mind. I scolded Monami for that for no reason.

"Did Monami tell you the reason?"

"No. I asked her all day but she didn't answer and dropped the topic again and again."

Phew!

"That was because, there was nothing that we fought on. We just hit our head on each other and that was hard so I groaned on that only. We didn't fought."

God? How much will I have to lie? Why am I lying do much? For Monami? Though I still don't understood why was that but I was trying to protect her. From what though?

"Ok whatever. I'm no more interested in both of your banter. I'm hungry. Let's have dinner."

"Siya?"

"She ate and I think slept too."

"Do you really think she slept yet? Mom, she's a girl of 23."

"Yeah right!" She said and stood to trudge inside kitchen for getting both of us food. Till then, I decided to get freshen and relax.

As I got ready with my stuffs, I decided to message Monami and ask about her well being. I was really annoying. So I thought I should text her.

'I'm sorry for messing up. But I hope you're ok!' I texted but I thought it will take her time to reply back. So I went down.

But as I was on the stairs, my phone chimed. I abruptly opened it to see Monami's reply. I think I wasn't impatient for it, in case if anyone was thinking that.

'I was actually enraged when you came and messed everything. But I liked the way you handled it.'

A sweet reply from a sweet girl.

Shit!

What am I even thinking? That's-- is this me? What's happening? I should be thinking,

A sweet reply from a bitter girl.

'🙂🙂' I sent emojis.

'but that bag was not that important. You could have given me later too.' She stated.