58. DAD-DAUGHTER

"DAD." I CALLED HIM FROM behind while awkwardly stepping ahead to reach upto him but he didn't look back. "Dad, we need to talk."

"I think we don't." He replied grumpily. He was sitting on the bed of his room while looking at the opposite direction of door. He never looked back at me.

"Give me one good reason for this behaviour of yours?" I asked proudly making him look at me with a quirk of his eyebrow.

"How about thousand?"

"Not needed. One would do."

"Then listen. I hate Karan Shergill and I cannot see you with him. So,"

"So what?" I went nearer as I narrowed my eyes.

"So, just break up already."

I looked at him for few moments open mouthed and started laughing suddenly. He looked at me like I'm some sort of maniac. I clapped as I do.

"Break up?" I said in a mocking tone. "Are you for real dad?"

"Wh-- what's with that laugh of yours?" He stood up awkwardly.

"Why do you do this dad? You knew how much I love him still you took that decision and now. . .this break up thing?" I didn't know if I'm biting back a laugh or tears. I'm just broken when he did all that to me and now asking me to break up with him even when he already knows that I fucking love him.

"It's only for your good." He had the nerve to hiss at me while doing bad.

"For your good my foot." I hissed back. "What is your problem dad? Why can't you just, for once, see me happy? I am in love with him and I just want to live a normal life."

"When you're in love with an actor, you cannot ever lead a normal life." For real dad, I hate myself to go on a path as yours. I changed but I'm sure now you never will.

"You know what dad? When you're in love, everything is normal and, happy. As long as two individuals want to be so." I was feeling proud while saying that. I never tasted love and hated all these talks but I believe in every inch of it. I wonder that dad has also loved. My mom. Why is he like that?

"Yeah, that exact thing." He pointed at me with his index finger. "Two individuals. Trust me Monami, when in trouble together, he will not be there for you. He will think about himself first. Everybody wants to save themselves and he will not give a--"

"Now listen to me dad." I emphasized on the word to make myself more confident. "Whenever I was on the verge of dying every single time, he was the only one to give me a-- you know what I mean, don't you?"

"He left you to die Monami." Now he spoke in a sympathetic tone as he grabbed my shoulder. "You can forget what he did, I can't."

"You think you really care for me?" I didn't hide my heavy voice then. I was going to break into tears anytime. "No dad. No. You don't. If you had really cared for me, you would be happy for everything I am. Karan is my euphoria. And no matter how much you want to, you can't deny to the fact that even if he is an actor, he's too good for both of us."

"He was bad for--"

I grabbed his shoulders this time making him look at me. "Trust me dad, I was even worst with him. I want to confess."

He took a pause. "What?"

I told him everything. How I lied about Mrs. Shergill's health. Why I agreed to go to his house because Mr. Agarwal threatened me to spill the beans to him. I would have been grounded for life then. But now I'm not the same Monami. I changed and I don't know for good or bad. It's not that I was not scared while telling him the secret now. I was. But now, I had faith.