64. RESENTMENT

IT WAS THE DAY OF departing and I haven't even told my dad about it yet.

Okay, this was what we call walking on coals. I knew, or maybe didn't, what was going to happen but I still wanted to test myself that day. If I could really do as I say. As I promised to Karan.

"Dad." I called out to him in a very authoritative tone. A part in me flinched so bad but that was now or never. I want  you karan. I want to run with you. I want to be happy with you. Forever and always.

Keeping that motivation in my head, I trudged towards him. He looked emphatic when gazed at me for a long while. I felt at ease as his expressions were softer than ever.

"Did you love mom?" I asked. Even I don't know where even that came from but that was a nice initiative to this conversation ahead.

"I did." He answered without questioning about why would I ask that question all of a sudden. "I always did."

"How much?"

"Not more than you love Karan." My eyes widened as he replied with a glint of happiness in his eyes. "Monami , you don't have to twist the conversation. I know everything is about Karan lately. If you came to talk to me after our fight, you must really want something from me and this time, I really don't see the need to deny you."

I forgot how to react to this. Was he taunting me? Wad he too fed up of everyday drama? Did he have any other motive out of all of this? I didn't care as long as I was getting to be with Karan.

I walked two more steps carefully towards as I wiped my palm from either side of my cargo pants as sweat was surfacing in there due to nervousness.

"Dad, Karan. . . . .is going to Europe for, you know, his movie promotions. And he. . . . . He kind of wants me to come with him. I don't know really. . . But I really wanna go. Not that I couldn't afford that by myself, but I just know, one month without him alongside me is gonna be hell of a time." I over explained. I don't regret that all. If over explaining helps him understand my obsession then so be it. I won't regret for speaking too much.

He chuckled out a momentary laugh as he trudged to me too. "And, why are you telling me that?"

I was perplexed by that question. "Because, I guess, I want your permission maybe?" Rude me.

"Exactly. You want that, you don't need that." He turned his back on me. There must be something he was hiding. "You'd go either way. Anyway, I am glad you found it significant enough to ask from me before taking a big decision. You may go."

He said coldly. And that may not be the first time In days, but I didn't feel like hugging him like I used to do, jumping towards him and hang my arms around his shoulder. My limbs restraint themselves naturally.

"I'm leaving for his home today, he is coming to fetch me. For a day I will stay there as we have a flight tomorrow morning." I explained and turned back to leave for aunty's room without waiting for him to say anything further.

His words were cutting through me like daggers. He was constantly taunting me. I always wanted him to agree with me ever since I loved Karan but not in this way. He acted like we both don't share a bond, we never did.

Unconsciously tears started shedding as I sniffed in to hold that all back in. Thinking about him only enraged me to the point of exhaustion. I didn't want to be in this mood before having the best time of my life.

Aunty had her legs folded on the bed as she was sitting with her back inclined on the bedpost with her head laid down at its perch. That way, her neck would hurt.

I went near her to wake her up and she woke up with a flinch.

"Hey aunty." I called her out with a smile on my face. She shifted Sidewards to make me sit beside her with a tight lipped smile.