17. TOGETHER THEY ARE BAD NEWS

I WAS SO ROLLED INSIDE MY BLANKET WHEN my bell of my home rang. Very loudly. It rang for the first time but I ignored it and went back into my sleep. After 5 minutes or something, it rung again.

I stood upright before aunty and dad wake up due to this terrifyingly horrible sound. Woah! What a humour in the early morning Monami. Good job.

Oh god! My conscience can appraise me too? I didn't know.

By the way, what's the timing right now? I switched on the light of the room to gaze on clock hung above and saw there-- my jaw dropped, it's 5 am. It's fuckin' 5 am.

Who could it be? At this hour?

I went downstairs wearily, striding low steps on the ground. I've literally slept for just three hours. For god's sake.

I opened the door rubbing my eyes to see karan and aunty standing there. In jogging suit.

"Aunty?" My eyes widened and I started panicking. "Aap? Aap dono--" I felt so panicked. But then I realised something. "Aunty, aap ayiye, aap andar ayiye. Take a seat."

"Monami." Aunty said as I beckoned for karan to bring aunty inside. "Are you mad karan?"

He gave me a disgusted look as if restraining himself from shouting.

"Are? What did I do?"

"You were with aunty, how could you let her walk from Juhu to bandra. Are you out of your mind, it's a one hour route."

Did I say too much? But he should also think, how can he let her walk so long? That was so silly of him.

"Are you mad? You're not suppose to shout on me like that?" He retorted.

"But you were supposed to take care of your mother. Now go and bring water." I ordered.

"Yeh ok!" He left but halted, "par kitchen kahan hai?"

How stupid of him!

"Fortunately humara dining table itna bada hai ke yahan se dikhe, generally log wahin paani rakhte hai, to humne bhi wahin rakha hai." I taunted.

"Monami, kyu kar rahi ho yeh sab? I'm fine." Aunty interjected holding my hand while I was checking her pulse.

"Aap to kuch boliye hi mat." I left to fetch sphygmomanometer to check her BP, while talking to her. "Aap ko walk karne ke liye bola tha taaki aap fit rahe na ki uski wajah se apni health bhi kharab kar lein."

"Paani!" Karan handed me water.

"Mujhe nahi apni mom Ko do. You idiot." I murmured beneath my breathe.

"Kuch kaha tumne?" He asked me cocking his brow while handing the glass to her mom.

"Yeah I did. Why would I tell you." I rolled my eyes from him and wrapped the sphygmomanometer around aunty's arm.

"Monami itna kyun tense ho rahi ho, I'm really perfectly fine. You're worrying a lot." She interjected once again.

I also don't know but I was worrying so much. I just don't want her to ruin her health more than this. I will not let any member of this family suffer because of me. I will take care as much as I can.

"Aunty it's important. Aapka BP high ho gya hoga. Mujhe check karne dijiye please." I bolted her mouth and she remained mum untill I gave her approval that she's fine. Even I was worried so I sighed as I knew she's fine.

Karan was standing with his arm crossed and when he realised that I'm done with checking, he got ready to shout on me for my that behaviour towards him. Maybe.

"Listen Mr karan Shergill." I said before he could speak. "You are her son. It's your responsibility to look after her in this condition. Whether you agree or not but you were so wrong to bring her here."

"Monami, tum itni der se baat hi nahi sun rahi ho. Ek baar hamari baat to sunlo." Aunty said and I made her keep mum again.

"Monami...."

"Karan please don't give any excuse, ok. You are--"

"Monami." He shouted this time. How could he? He's at my home and this was so disrespectful. "Itni der se bolne ki koshish kar raha hoon tum sun hi nahi rahi ho. Hum yahan walk kar kar nahi aye hai. We came in car. I drove her here."

My mouth widened and my cheeks flushed due to mortification. It left opened for so much of time when I looked at aunty who was chuckling sitting next to me.

"Aunty, aapne mujhe bataya kyun nahi?" I grumbled.

"Tum batane ka mauka to do tab to batau na." She crossed her arms.

"To aap log jogging suit mein--?" I asked ignominiously.

"Hum yahan se walking par jayenge." He said egoistically. He literally said that. They came here by car just to go for walking from here?

Was I that important, was my presence that important for them? That they didn't go for walking in nearby park and drove to bandra for going with me.

Should I cry or regret or scold or what?

"Aap log yahan tak kyun aaye? I mean, aapko itni takleef lene ki zaroorat nahi thi."

"Tum roz bandra se Juhu aati ho to hum bhi itna to kar hi sakte hai." Karan said looking at me but elsewhere. He need to show ego while appreciating me. But something was looking good in him. His crossed hands.

"Inn sab ke baad neend khul gyi hogi tumhari." Aunty said from side. How would she know that I was asleep? "Jab hum aaye the tab tum so kar uthi thi to I estimated." She gave me a one shoulder shrug.

How cool of her? *Scoffing*

I gave her a wide smile when karan interjected.....

"Oh hello! Chalen?" He asked. Why do I feel like that we are going to some occasions and relatives came to my house to summon me along with them?

"Aise?" I asked gesturing him my own condition. "Wait for just 5 minutes, you can count on your watch Mr. Shergill to pass your time. I'll be back within 10 minutes."

I said running from there leaving him/them confused.

"Ajeeb hi hai ye!" He murmured and I heard that. But still I don't want to fight with him, atleast not now. He's so so so so peculiar. And horrible. And mortifying.

I went up and changed my clothes into a jogging suit. But I feel a headache right now. I literally got a sleep of just 3 hours and woke up like this. I was expecting to wake like this at the last place.

I hope I will not fall while with them. They might think that first, I should take care of myself and than theirs.

After changing, I washed my face once again thoroughly with cold water to vanish the sleep taking over my face to finally head down with effervescence.

It is 5:30 already. I took a very deep sigh before finally protruding out of the room.

I was striding downstairs when saw karan and anuty talking to my dad.

Dad and karan together is a bad news.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

VOTE

COMMENT