51. ACCIDENT

KARAN

IT IS SOON GOING TO BE WRAP UP. I'm really excited. I will spend my time with my family until the movie releases. Mom needed me during this time but I couldn't make it for her. Now all my time is hers.

Moreover, Monami assured me. She asked me to trust her and not procrastinate everyone's time because of me. I restarted shooting because of her reassurance. Otherwise everybody knew that my mom is sick and I need to with her. I trusted Monami. And she's keeping my trust preserved.

It was a small break and I was right now sitting with the director and having casual conversation. Meanwhile, my assistant came rushing to me. I never saw him this panicked.

"What happened?" I asked as I stood up from my seat. Director sir standing up at the same time.

"Urgent call." He handed me my phone which flashed Siya's name on the screen. What urgency she's caused?

"Hello?" I greeted first and hearing her crying voice made me sweat over the call.

"Br—– bro, mom—–" she wavered and stumbled getting back to her cries. Mention of mom made me nauseous.

"What mom Siya?"

"Mom suddenly fainted while walking upstairs. She slipped —–" Siya couldn't muster anymore courage to elucidate me everything.

My limbs went numb with the reason. I stumbled on my standing position that my assistant had to stagnate me from falling.

Not thinking much and wasting time, I instantly asked her current location and she told me she's in the city hospital. Monami's hospital.

I apologized to the director before leaving and not telling him the reason. Not that I didn't want to, but I had no time. I was preoccupied with the thoughts of my mom a lot that I was driving insanely.

What happened that she fainted? She was doing fine ever since Monami has started treating her and this, all of a sudden?

As I reached hospital, I saw Siya crying while walking back and forth. I approached her and hugged her out of my first instinct. She needs to be consoled.

In between her sobs, she indicated towards the OT. I went near the door and saw her lying on the bed with a bruised forehead and closed eyes. That made my blood run cold. Doctors treating her but none of them was Monami.

"Monami isn't here?" I asked Siya standing behind me not able to look inside at her in that condition.

"She wasn't here." Siya's voice was heavy by now because of shedding so much tears and restraining back some in her throat.

I remembered she told me that she's having a personal meeting at Mr. Agarwal's house. She needs to know. She only have to treat my mother.

I called her but it was switched off. Not once but many times. Even Mr. Agarwal's phone was switched off. There's no point in calling Sid or any of her other family members.

Only she can treat my mother well. I know that I've gave my mom's responsibility to her. She must fulfill it. I should go and fetch her from Mr. Agarwal's house.

Because I trust her.

★★★

MONAMI

I DON'T WANT TO CHEAT YOU KARAN. I wish I had strength for everything but I don't have anything as such. I can't confess. Neither my love for you, nor the crime I'm doing against Mrs. Shergill, your mother.

I assure you that I will convalescence her as soon as possible and that she will never get such heart disease ever again. I wish she is alive untill you start to wrinkle. And I want to be her dietician and cardiologist for life.

Right now I'm going to Mr. Agarwal's house and the thought itself makes me shiver of what I'm gonna discuss about with him. I don't want to recapture the same thing again and again. I don't want to talk about it.

But I have to. If I want the change. I swear I'll never do it again. I realised that nobody is perfect. I'm atleast not the one who was born perfect. I stumble and I stumble a lot to pain. Immense pain that it's getting difficult to look at someone in the eye.

I was standing infront of his house now and taking deep breaths. What has he got to talk about About Mrs. Shergill, that we can't do at the hospital?

Before I could press the bell, his call came by himself. I hope I'm not late. I picked it up and informed him that I'm out on the door only. He came and unlocked the door revealing his stern demeanor.

We both settled down on the couch and he asked me to bring out Mrs. Shergill's report. I handed him and he carefully went through it.

"When are you deciding to tell them?" He asked me and I found myself caught off guard. I haven't thought about it.

"Not any time soon. Atleast, until she is recovered." I replied, feeling my gut twisting with every wrong decision I'm making with her. She wasn't a normal patient to give a wrong hope. She is a severe heart patient and. . . . Karan's mother.

I feel miserable. I feel broke and all but a cheater to do something I'm or anyone else is never supposed to do.

I feel bad that Mr. Agarwal had to be included in this without his will to support me so that I don't regret or stumble. It's all me. I'm damned.

"I hope you're going the right way." No sir. I'm the wrongest (if the word exist in some part of the universe) person in the world of doctors and life savers. I shouldn't be calling myself a god. I'm a doomer.

"Yes sir. And I'm sure I will make it out successfully." I could only force out this. I can't show him my discomfort, my agony 'cause no matter what, he supported me and he believed me. I can not break it.

"What's the progress?"

"She's been doing just fine these days. I didn't find any harsh symptoms to make her uncomfortable and suffocated. I think she'll recover soon." Not a lie. I wish for it to happen. I wish.

"I don't support you in this Monami. You know that, right?" Very well. I know how you always supported me. How I am here at this place, position because of you. I will always respect you for this. For your accompaniment.

"Yes sir. And this certainly is the last time I'm doing this. I've learnt a lot of things with this mistake of mine. I understood that you shouldn't be hiding the severe health of patients from them and their families. How painful it may get when they will get to know that the situation wasn't as light as they were thinking of it." I'm very well trying to burst into sobs here.

"Right Monami. You're learning. You now understand the situation how severe Mrs. Shergill was. And what you told them was the lie of opposite direction. You shouldn't do that--"

There was loud noise of something falling from behind which we saw was a vase. It was shattered as if thrown with complete rage and fire.

The man who threw it had red eyes, nerves showing up on the surface, face flamed red with anger and Shaking out of it. My heart shattered on seeing him. He was there all the time, he listened to everything. My biggest nightmare turning into reality in its worst form. I never wanted the reality to expose this way.

I lost his trust. I even lost mine. I will not blame him or complain for what he's going to do next to me. For this kind of crime, I'm even ready to surrender. I'm giving all of me to him to do whatever he wants.

Karan. I'm all yours to torture.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

VOTE

COMMENT