13. I HAD A REALLY GOOD TIME!

HOW COOL IT FEELS TO SEE A DAUGHTER AND son sitting with their mother and having a joyful breakfast meal. I wish I was with with my mother right now. Or with my dad. I'm sorry dad, I left the house without letting you know. I missed having cheerful breakfast with you.

I was sitting a little far from them tapping my phone's screen when I heard aunty calling out my name.

"Monami!"

"Ji!" I kept the phone aside and turned the gaze to her.

"What did you have in your breakfast?" She asked and guilt drove down my spine. I now missed him even more.

"I....I had..." I wanted to lie but couldn't come up with anything so I blurted truth, "I didn't had my breakfast."

"Are, kyun?" She reacted which was predictable. She is a mother after all. Not mine though.

"I, I was just enraged. You know, father daughter fights." Which never happened. I was enraged because of his decision but, I had to answer, something.

"Are, tum kab se bhooki hi ho!" She exclaimed. "Come on, join us. After all, you've given this recipe. It must be delicious"

"Yeah, come na Monami!" Siya said, excitedly. I think, I helped in boosting her mind.

I nodded several times to say no but then, someone interjected.

"Aa jao Monami." Karan said and then turned his head to face me to say, "After all, you were so happy making this." Was it necessary for him to open his mouth?

As if, his interjection will affect my decision.

"Aunty I'm really not feeling like eating, that could be the major reason I didn't ate at home." I reasoned. I don't want to ruin their family time.

"Mere liye bhi nahi aaogi Monami!" Aunty blackmailed. "Go Siya, summon her."

I denied few more times until Siya was standing infront of me all set to pull me with her just like the way I did.

And guess what? She made me sit near karan. Was that the last chair left among 12 more chairs?

"I...I'll mange myself beside you!" I fought back and stood up from there. Siya shrugged and pulled me along with her to make me sit beside her.

There's a problem here too. Karan is sitting right infront of me and I can't stop myself looking at him again and again recollecting the moment when I hugged him offhandedly.

When I reached out my hand to grab the salt infront of me, he felt the same urge to sprinkle salt at the same time. My fingers laced around his fingers which were laced around salt bottle.

I retrieved my hand back and tucked my hairs back of my ear due to nervousness. He sprinkled salt in his and passed me the bottle and I took it awkwardly.

Come on Monami, why are YOU awkward. It was just excitement due to which you hugged him. If there was any other person except him, you would have done same. NOT the cook, because he would already know the recipe to cook without my help.

I can persuade myself chanting these words again and again in my head.

"How come anyone, any server hasn't arrived yet?" I asked as last day, I found Sana and cook were there at this time or misunderstood the timings?

"Ravi ne mujhe kaha tha wo aaj nahi aayega. I forgot to inform you." Aunty said. "But I knew karan would help you with this so kept it to myself. I can save myself saying that." She added.

And I had a REALLY GOOD TIME while cooking with him.

"And Sana comes after 9 and rest of those who works here for cleaning the house comes after 12." She elucidated.

"And laxman?" I asked as I found laxman at home only, most of the times.

"Wo yahi rehta hai, neeche." Karan rudely replied. What else could I expect from him? But what if he will blackmail me with this hugging thing in future? What if he will talk shit about me around his circle.

Apparently, he is karan Shergill! He can do everything cruel on this globe. With me!

After silence of few minutes on the dining, karan spoke up to break it.

"Ma, I've gotta go to shooting at 3 pm."

He said trying to look at me but he didn't. Wasn't I the one to suggest him this?

"Ok, I'm happy to know that! But you decided to stay at home only? I only have a question!" She shrugged.

"Yeah, I decided! But Monami asked me to go at shooting. She and Siya will take care of you."

I coughed and gave her a wide smile. I didn't expected from karan that he would speak up my name on this Earth.

"Very good Monami! I've been asking him everyday to go to his work and not put it in on halt but he didn't listened to me."

"Oh!"

I glared at karan as I reacted. He didn't listened to his mother but me? How? The man is improving. But I'm not gonna hug him everytime for clarifying himself. Just kidding!

I went upstairs behind aunty to give her the apt dosage while Siya went to her room and karan stayed back downstairs as someone arrived to meet him. A girl!

Maybe, she's his girlfriend? Why do I care! But how can anyone be his girlfriend? Is it even possible for a grumpy man to flirt with a girl? He doesn't seem to be like that? How can this girl fall in love with him? I piti over the girl. But why am I caring? It's none of my business.

I gave them privacy and went inside aunty's room to give her medicines.

"Aunty, wo- wo ladki kon hai?"

I don't know where is that coming from? I just blurted it out offhandedly. I handed her the medicine and while taking it, she cocked her brow at me. It's not that way you're thinking aunty.

"Wo! Wo karan ki friend cum co star hai." She replied suspiciously. I didn't wanted to make her feel that way. I'm not gonna be any sort of jealous or something.

"Ok!" I reacted instantly to shake the topic off. "I want to suggest you something aunty." I added.

"Yeah?"

"You should wake up early and go for walking and jogging in the early morning." I said while observing her heaving a exasperated sigh.

"I used to wake up at 6 am only, but because of constant health deterioration, I decided to take enough sleep."

"No I'm not saying don't take enough sleep. Timely sleeping is really important but keeping yourself fit and fine is another thing. You sleep early at night and wake up early and go for walking." I elucidated expecting her to understand my thing.

"I will! If you'll join me!"

She excitedly said making my heart skip from it's position. However, I suggest people many things but for a matter of fact, I can't fulfill these. I can barely eat healthy food and I can't wake up early but no one can deny to the fact that I keep myself fully fit and fine with the things I can do.

"No aunty!" I blurted. "I mean, it is important for you."

What's wrong with her? She insisted me and I got ready to be at her home. She wasn't healthy so I agreed to be at her home all day. Now I will wake up early morning to join her for walking? Is it something that I'm supposed to do? A doctor supposed to do?

"Monami! I know I'm getting problematic so much for you. And I'm not intending to trouble you in any ways. But you know what, I trust you. I trust you that one day, you will yank me out of this disease. If you will be with me, I'll be more comfortable and confident." She blackmailed me.

She literally blackmailed me. Or these are her real emotions towards me? Because if they are, nothing could be great that my patient trusts me to this extent.

How on earth I am supposed to deny her now? She'll be broken and her trust on me will decrease or vanish.

"Yeah" I unwillingly said. "I'm ready."

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

VOTE

COMMENT