5. HE'S SCARY

AT 7 AM, MY ALARM RANG AS A PUBLIC announcement mic making me throw the watch instead of switching the bell off. Ugh!!!! This is so annoying.

Moreover, my right hand, especially elbow was hurting too much. I think I slept whole night on my this hand.

I stood upright from the bed lazily and stomped towards bathroom picking up my towel with half opened eyes.

While taking shower, a lot of peculiarly ludicrous things were racing in my mind. What could that be?

Am I fit to trudge to his house and treat his...mother? Last night I was feeling like flying and today's morning is way worse than last night. Yesterday, it felt like a pixie hugged me and right now it's a feeling that I've parked myself around demons.

As I let the flowing water from shower run on my face, I rubbed my eyes and let my heart stop pounding. I put on my clothes placed on the hanger and stomped my way to the room back.

On the way to the bed, there comes a mirror in between. Whenever I turn my gaze to it, I see a young lady whose brown hair brushes her lips falling on her dusky skin. Her ocean blue orbs are deep enough to sink in and her blushed pink cheek. Uff! How to praise this face? How to praise her innocence? How to praise my mom?

Yeah, it's her big photo frame right infront of the mirror with whom I talk for hours. That's the picture I framed of my mom. That's the way I imagine her everytime I look at that picture.

My mom had married my dad at a very young age and died very young when I was 5. I can't forget the day. The way I cried my heart out when dad from hospital called me. No one was beside me whose shoulder I can cry on.

I used to sleep on drenched pillows cosily painful bed. I had almost sunk in depression when my dad and aunty consoled me and yanked me out of it.

She taught me, no one is perfect Monami, but you can be, if you've that spirit. And fun fact, I know you have that spirit. And for her, I will be perfect one day. Many thinks that I'm not perfect, but if I'm not, then someday I will be.

Ok I'm ready now with a high pony and light dust of makeup. It was 8:30 by now and I have to reach there by 9:30 so I'm having enough time. I can do breakfast.

I plodded downstairs where I can see my dad sitting on couch watching TV. I don't understand, who can watch TV in early morning. And for a fact, my dad is one of the top business men of Mumbai Mr. Deepak mahajan and he's resting on couch like really?

Aunty was in the kitchen maybe making something delicious for me, ok for us.

"Good morning dad." He looked behind and greeted back. "Good morning beta. All good?"

"Atleast till now." I replied exasperatedly. "Aunty!" I shouted from hall.

"Yes!" She shouted back to reply.

"What's cooking?" I asked shifting my dad a little and sit beside him dramatically putting my head on his shoulder.

"Pasta!" What? Pasta? In breakfast!

"Come on aunty, yesterday only we ate ravioli. Not pasta." I said lazily.

"Yeah but I can't come up with anything else, waise it's red pasta. And......um....well, you know." She said and I saw her shrugging from the corner of my eye.

"Yeah, I know. Dad asked you to make that." I said glaring dad while he was pretending to not face me. "Come on dad! How can you be so obsessed with pasta? We eat it at least 7-8 times in a month." I complained.

"You know beta. Your mom used to love pasta so much. Whenever I eat it, I remember your mom so much." He said moving back in time.

"And when you don't eat it then you don't miss her?" I asked to tease him while he shot my glare back to me sweetly.

"Monami!" He upbraided in his hoarse voice.

"Ok!" I stood up and went in kitchen to ask her about the progress of making breakfast. Whatever it is, I'll bear with it for my dad and for my aunty's hardwork to make it. She's so sweet that she's taking care of both of us selflessly and never even complained.

"Tum jaake dining table par baitho or apne papa ko bhi bula lo. It's almost ready." She said motioning me to go and sit there.

It's 9 already. I got late in all these talks and sitting with dad watching telly. I crazily ate all of them to run to my car. My elbow pounded with pain as if it was reminding me that hey I'm paining. Do you remember? Your this hand is partially numbed. Don't forget to take care of me! Was that too much? Shake it off!

I put on my seat belt around my waist and chest and accelerated the car, trudging from the trafic to finally park it infront of his big big mansion. Like, looks more like dharamshala! Kidding! But at least 50 people can cozily live here with the facilities they can't imagine.

My dad bought me a house and I'm so satisfied with it. I was born there and my upbringing happened there. It's a bunglow but it looks normal from outside. This looks so so enormous.

Oh fuck! Why am I judging him? Dang it! That's so shit of me.

I stepped down of my car and looked at his house for a minute before finally barging in.

The door looked like, you know, royal. It was opened otherwise it'd need 3-4 people to open often in the whole day.

I stepped in and the house was giving a complete royal vibe. It is so golden and silver and organized. A show piece chandelier on the roof and decorative arts were all around.

I saw a man crossing the house to other side, I called him.

"Excuse me!" I said and he came to me.

"Ji!" He replied.

"Can you please take me to Mr. Karan Shergill?" I asked and he took me to him.

"Waise aapka naam kya hai?" He asked me.

"Dr. Monami Mahajan. Aapka?" I asked. Maybe he works in his house.

"Laxman!" He replied. He took me to the place where he was.

He was sitting in a large hall with a lot of instruments. Guitar, Casio, Congo and a lot more. A complete band. But wait, he's a actor right. Does he sing, either? Maybe! He was sitting with his head resting on the back of chair and his eyes closed.

He looks a lot good while silent and not speaking. Because whenever he speaks, it..it just sounds like a silent thunder is talking.

"Karan sir!" Laxman called him and he hummed, not opening his eyes. "Karan sir!" He called again. Grumpy man! Is this a way he treats the worker of his house.

"Bolo na!" He said in his husky loud voice. A complete grumpy imperfectionist.

"Sir, Dr. Monami Mahajan aayi hai." Laxman said finally making him open his eyes and look at me sharply. I hated that.

He stood up beckoning laxman to go out and trudging towards me with all the attitude he's having. He is now standing inches away from my face and that's.....that's actually scaring me. But I didn't showed my fear to him and looked at him with the same intensity he was doing. I just gulped in fear.

I won't let him succeed in scaring me, at least not so soon.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

How was it?

Good, very good, better, or very better.

Because I can't write best. I'm not perfect like Monami, you know.

Feedbacks will be appreciated.

VOTE

COMMENT