19. YOUR HEALTH IS AS IMPORTANT AS HERS

I GUESS, THIS IS THE SECOND TIME HE HAS been holding me when I fell. Like, I feel good to be around him in a sense that if I'll falter, someone will just hold me like everything. But why do I falter when he's around? Anyone else could also help me with this.

I'm not being disgusted. I just feel, is this any type of conspiracy, by-- god?

Why would I think that?

"Are you ok?" He asked me as he made me stand in the same position.

"I'm--"

"Monami you okay? How did you fell?" Aunty asked rushing towards me. Aunty if I would've known, I would never let myself fall in his arms.

"I'm fine. My leg twisted and I just-- I just, fell."

Why do I feel that using the word fell again and again is seeming to be something else, something that shouldn't be occurring? Do you feel the same?

"It's ok! Koi na!" Aunty taps my shoulder. Punjabi things, you know. "Chalo, reverse lete hai or ghar chalte hai. It's 6:15 or ghar jaate jaate 7 to baj hi jaayenge."

"Yeah!" I said and as I protruded my leg, I falter and as karan was standing beside me, I took his support from falling.

"You won't be able to walk, right?" Aunty asked.

"No I'm fine, it's just so--"

"Come on here, you can wrap your hand around my neck and walk with my support." She said reaching out one of her hands.

"No aunty it's absolutely fine--" I defended while she took my hand and encircling it around her neck.

"Thodi der ke liye mera support lelo, thodi der baad mein hi khud support maangoongi." She scoffed.

"No aunty, I can't hang myself around you. You will not exhaust yourself unnecessarily." I seriously said and she seriously listened.

"But Monami, how would you walk?"

"I'm resilient, I'll manage---"

As I was saying, rough hands from my side pulled my right hand and wrapped it around his neck and my heart dropped to my knee in response.

"Your health is as important as hers." Karan said looking at me from corner of his eyes as if he wanted to look at me but awkwardness wasn't stopping following him.

My eyes widened as he said that! Is that so? My health is as important for him as his mother?

I placed my left hand on his stomach and he started helping me to walk with his support while aunty was accompanying us.

"This is the first day of our walking mission and this happened." Aunty mourned on the incident of my leg. I think it is some sort of sign that I shouldn't intrude in here. Aunty has karan to walk with. Why would I?

"Don't worry aunty, I'll be fine." I forced myself to say that. They must not know my evil side.

"I know you will." She smiled while when I gazed at karan, he was seeming to be exhausted and monotonous.

For all I care!

I wasn't the one who asked for his support, he jumped to help me, so do it then.

We reached home by 7:05 or near, dad approached me worriedly and took me from Karan's hands. Oh god, my dad is so insecure, especially with karan.

"What happened?" He asked making me sit on the couch.

"Okay bye Monami, we'll see you at home and if you don't feel better then just don't. I'll manage." Aunty said inclining to caress my cheek while I responded with a smile. I don't know whether I'll be fine by 9 but, I'll try to reach at her home.

She's my responsibility and after what I did, that lie, I will have to make her fit as soon as possible.

They left. I know that neither dad want to see them nor they feel like debating with him. And I've to take care of everyone's needs and desires. And keep these two entities away from each other. One is aunty and karan together, and second is MY dad.

"I knew it!" Dad said scrutinizing my twisted leg.

"What?"

"If you are with them, Then you will not come the way you left." Dad said cursing them in his mind. I know that and I know him. He can grow any small thing into big one. Exaggerated, we all.

"Come on dad, it wasn't their fault." I said defending them. As I know I have not jogged since 3 to 5 months and not used to it that's why I fell. "You can't blame them for everything."

"I can and I will. Didn't they take care of you as you do?"

"FYI, I'm the one who's doctor, not them." I retorted. "My leg twisted and that was completely unpredictable thing. Even I wasn't aware of that and now I hope it's clear to you that you can't blame them for everything."

"Monami..."

"Dad please, you think you are short tempered then let me tell you that Karan is also one of them. He restrains himself so that you don't feel hurt and I am expecting the same from You too. Will you stand upon my expectations?" I wistfully asked while he looked wary but nodded.

I succeeded in scolding him and he agreed. Half of my fate is with me because what happened while jogging was completely opposite I would never expect to happen.

I was stomping forcefully to reach the staircase and then climb it to my room. For the first time I realised the distance between hall to my room. I was taking support of objects nearby when dad came and wrapped my hand in the same way karan did.

"Dad--"

"Shh! I agreed, you should too."

He said and hushed me till I reached my room. I was constantly staring him the way I did when karan assisted me to the home and he was looking infront and not at me the way karan was doing.

There are lot of similarities between my dad and Karan, I guess. They both care for me instead the same way. They both scold me in the same manner. Only one thing is not similar that Karan could never love me the way my dad do. And I am not expecting it to ever happen.

Because if it will, everything will change and changes are must but I hate changes.

Anyways I have to get ready to stride to his big mansion. And maybe apologize for my dad's behaviour towards him and aunty. And for the first time I don't feel constricted to apologise.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Any 2 am reader here!

Gosh, how am I awake at this hour?

VOTE

COMMENT