Chapter 11 Natalie

When I get out for lunch I get going to my now new place. I packed two big suitcases full of my clothes still leaving a little at Nates apartment. He said he was almost there before I left. We are having a lunch date. I think its cute. To me it shows some type of effort on his behave and I love it. But people dont change over night and time can always change. Thats why I wont give my hopes up high.

The drive to my new house is only eight minutes from the coffee shop. When I pull up Nate is just getting out of his car. With a big smile plastered on his face. The smile that lights up my whole world that he only shows around me. I get out walking up to him. I give him a peak on the cheek going to the door unlocking it.

Nate is right on my heels as we made our way to the kitchen. I set my keys on the counter beside the fridge noticing a note from Justin.

Natalie,

I just put a few things of groceries in here for you. I also put the bed you slept on in the master room as well. With the clothes that you left its on the bed folded. Need anything call me. Welcome to your new home.

Justin.

I smile at his kindness. Justin is too sweet well when he wants to be anyways. I turn around to see Nate already having the food out and set for us. I only get an hour for lunch, but today the boss said I can have an hour thirty minutes. Which to me is good.

Thank you for lunch Nate. I say after my first bite

Your welcome baby. How has your day been?

I take another bite and moan at the taste. Its so good. Its been alright picking up as many shifts as possible right now. But the boss said I cant work tomorrow or the weekend.

Nate face lights up at the mention of me not working for the next four days. I have so much overtime that the boss above my boss said no more for me. Not going to lie I was upset, but heck I need the rest and now get my new home in order. New home. I cant believe this. But something about the way Justin wrote your new home made it seem different I will definitely call him later.

So, I was thinking that this weekend I could get this place in order. More like homie for me. What do you think about helping me? I ask worried to Nate

Worried because I dont want him to think Im rushing from the apartment. I just want him there with me picking things out. I have been texting my dad off and on about it and how Justin officially let me rent the house and my dad send me tons of money which I tried to give back to him. But my dad wouldnt take it.

Of course, baby if you want me here to help you I definitely will be here. Have you thought if you wanted to change the colors of the walls or how do you want to do it?

Uh Im not sure what Justin will let me do honestly I have to call him and see. I know different curtains and obviously couches and beds and tv and a stereo.

I could tell saying Justins name it bothered him, but he hasnt said anything.

Nathan? I have to get back to work in a few minutes. Please tell me how you feel about all of this. I say when he doesnt say anything back

Honestly Natalie I feel like this shouldnt be happening and I am fucking trying to not let it bother me that Justin can just pop up whenever he wants, but I am happy for you, and I am willing to do whatever it is that you need me to do.

I get up walking in between Nates legs. Justin is a FRIEND. A friend who I have had through everything. You both hate each other for some stupid reason that I dont know of. You both use to get along before we dated so why change it now? This whole trying to own me isnt going to work. I want you and only you Nate.

He smiles. Hes trying to take you away from me.

I laugh. No baby he isnt hes a friend. You do know what a friend is right?

Nate rolls his eyes. I got it baby.

He stops talking when his phone starts to ring. I look at him as he just ignores it. In my heart I know I should question him, but my mind keeps saying its probably just his mom. When his phone starts to ring back-to-back definitely sets me off.

I walk upstairs to let him answer his call as I call Justin myself.

Hey! He answers automatically

I smile. Hey stranger I got you little note. Thank you for all you have done, but you didnt have to put food in here. Anyways this is your home though I was wanting to ask you if I could change some things? I say biting my lip

First Natalie I can tell your biting your lip stop being shy. He laughs

I chuckle back at how well he knows me. Actually, what time you get off tonight? Justin asks pulling me back

Im working double so closing. Why whats up? I question him

Ill meet you there tonight after work. We can talk about it all. Sound good?

Yeah thats fine um text me because I got to get back to work.

Alright Ill text you.

I hang up walking back down the steps that I didnt even look at all the rooms. I was so caught up in talking to Justin.

Nate.

I said not right now Shay.

I round the corner getting my keys and hold the door open. I dont want to hear it Nathan. You told me you blocked her after our little mini conversation. I have to get to work. Im tired of the lying!

Nate looks at me and drops his head. Its not like that Natalie.

I shut the door locking it and go to my car. I dont got time to listen to his excuses anymore. My heart sinks and I thought the heartbreak couldnt be any worse than it was before. Tears come up in my eyes as I try to blank them back. But the more I hear his voice saying I said not right no Shay makes me really pissed off. At this point I am the stupid one. The one who believed him too quickly. The one who forgave him to damn quickly. Stupid Natalie just fucking stupid. I think to myself as I pull up to my job.

I clean up my eyes and put on the best smile I could.