Chapter 12 Natalie

The night came fast since my mind is all over the place I couldnt focus. My boss must knew I had a lot on my mind because she told me to go ahead and clock out. I have several miss calls and text from Nate, but I dont want to look at them right now. I should, but what is it going to be this time? As I drive to my home alone all I can replay is that small ass sentence he said.

I get here forgetting that Justin is meeting me here as well. He is parked in the driveway, and I pull up beside him. Best smile that you can do Natalie. I remind myself.

I get out looking at him leaning against the door frame staring at his phone. He is in a white see through tshirt with black pants and adidas. Justin has done got fit not that he wasnt before, but his muscles are bigger. I walk up to him as he looks up having the biggest smile anyone can see. It makes you actually smile not anything fake.

"You should have went in!" I say play smacking his arm.

"I dont have a key I changed the locks and gave it to you." He laughs

I open the door walking through as he closes it. I turn the light switch on so we can see.

"So how you been Ms. No text back."

I smile hiding my face. I wasnt ignoring him its just so much going on that I would forget.

Im sorry! Its been rough couple weeks. I manage to say

He nods in understanding because when things got rough for him he didnt text call or anything back and months went by and thats how Nate and I got together.

"So do you want the good news now or do you want to shower have food and then have good news? Justin finally says

A good hot shower and food sounds wonderful right now, but I dont want to cook. Its late.

"Well, its late and Im not cooking, but the shower sounds wonderful first."

Justin nods and sits down on the sofa he left. I go to the master room that is now mine and grab sweatpants and a black tshirt with all my bathroom things. I go into the bathroom turning the hot water on and getting in. I take my time, but semi rush so Justin doesnt have to wait any longer than necessary. I get out putting my clothes on and walk down the steps.

When I go into the kitchen Justin had a box of pizza with soda on the counter. I laugh at him and get a slice. As we eat in silence and sit on the sofa I curl my legs under me. I check my phone and see more miss calls and text from Nate.

"Why the sad eyes? What did he do?" Justin automatically says looking at me

"Is it that obvious?" I question

"To me yes." He whispers

I sign. "Earlier we had only lunch here I wanted to show someone and my plans you know? Well after we get off the phone I come down to hear him say on the phone I said not right now Shay. He had promised he deleted her number, and I didnt see it on his phone either, but what do I know Im just a stupid girl who forgave him so quickly." I whisper my own voice cracking

Justin shakes his head. "You're not stupid Natalie dont ever say that shit again. You are the most beautiful girl ever and hes the stupid one for losing your trust, for even thinking of other women besides you."- He breaks off looking at me then mumbles to where he thinks I cant hear him "I wouldnt do that."

I nod in understand not saying anything about his last comment, so he knows I didnt hear him. I guess every guy is just different maybe.

"So, the plans for your house? What are you thinking maybe I can help?"