Chapter 23 Nate

As I drove away from Natalie I bang my hand against the steering wheel. What the fuck was I thinking? What am I thinking? Shes moving to Texas and willingly wants me to go with her to fix us. But I dont have shit out there besides her and how will that work when shes gone working? I wont have shit and thats not enough. Fuck.

I drive to my apartment. Nothing has changed here. I throw my things down getting a beer and flopping down on the couch. I dont even know what the hell I am thinking. I shouldnt have came back shes leaving and I should have just stayed.

My phone rings and I see its Layla. Fucking great. Shes my best friend, but she can be annoying.

What? I automatically say

NNatNatalie is leaving. She cries

Since Natalie came into all of our lives we been different that girl changed us all and since Natalie and Layla are stepsisters; they are even closer.

Yeah I know. I say downing my beer

She told me you both talked and are going your own ways. You know she doesnt want that. Layla whispers

Layla what the fuck am I supposed to do? Shes leaving and theres nothing for me in Texas.

Nathan I swear you are so gah damn stupid its not even funny. If the love of my life told me he was moving and wanted me to go guess the fuck what. I would be going end of discussion. I could find shit over there. Your just fucking dumb dude. Im telling you this as your best friend.

Yeah well she wont take me back not after what I said. Its best if we both move on. I hang up not waiting for anymore of this conversation.

My eyes open to all the lights on and the pounding headache. Shit. Last I remember is only opening one beer and hanging up on Layla. Im still on the couch at that. I get up groaning with every single step I take. I get sweatpants and a tshirt going to take a shower then back to bed. I cant deal with today.

Once Im out of the shower I take the Tylenol and quickly lay down. Soon sleep comes back.