Chapter 25 Natalie

I wake up early this morning to put the final touches on all the food since I put the turkey and ham on to cook at one this morning. Yes I woke up at that hour just to make sure the ham and turkey is cooked fully before tonight. As I make a small breakfast for us to all eat so we wont be full for the day I put my music on. One of my favorite songs come on called Like Im Gonna Lose You By Meghan Trainor ft John Legend I start singing alone with it. I cant sing I personally believe, but my mom use to love hearing me sing.

Damn she can draw/design and sing too shit. We about to be famous as fuck! Layla says behind me scarring me

I laugh with her rolling my eyes. I will not sing in front of anyone hardly any has heard me and thats the way Ill keep it.

I place our plate on the table and call for Nate to come eat. I dont care if he still sleeping or not he is getting up. Finally, he comes down the steps wiping sleep from his eyes.

What? He asks

Thanksgiving dinner is tonight heres a small breakfast to hold us over until then. I need both of your help with stuff. Time is moving and theres not much time left until seven tonight. I say

Layla laughs at Nate and finishes her plate going upstairs. Nearly an hour later her and Nate comes down dressed and down for what I tell them to do. I told Nate run to the store to get more soda, and bread. My dad is bringing some food that he said his mom taught him to cook and Laura is bringing some things as well. My mom said she can only drop by since she has to work so Ill have a plate made for her.

Layla is getting all of the Thanksgiving plates, silverware, and cups in place for when everyone gets here we can devour our food. As my music blasts through the speakers, we finally finish having everything set up. I look at the time seeing its four in the afternoon already. Layla sits down as so do I and Nate flops down. Tired is not even the word to begin to say. I close my eyes just for Layla to shake me awake to get ready. Its now a little after five. I go upstairs to my room to the bathroom turning the shower on. I get my romper thats v cutline it goes down to the middle of my thighs and spaghetti strap. Its light color pink. I believe it goes great with my skin completion.

Once I get out I blow dry my hair which I honestly hate doing, but I need it to dry quick so I can curl my hair. While waiting for the hair curlier to heat up I put on my makeup which is pink eyeshadow with the black eyeliner. I put it my earrings thats silver and sparkly. I put on my sandals looking at myself one last time before curling my hair.

Finally done curling my hair I walk downstairs seeing Layla and Nate sitting waiting on me.

Holy fuck. Nate says his mouth opening wide

My cheeks turn red as I stare down to my feet. Its not too much is it?

Fuck no. Nate says walking up to me

Natalie you look stunning.

I look at the time its nearly seven now and everyone should be arriving soon.

Lets hope everyone behaves tonight. I say looking at Nate

Layla laughs. Yeah Nathan dont act like a child.

Nate chuckles.

We sit down until the doorbell rings. I get up with Nate and Layla right behind me. I open the door seeing my dad and Laura.

Hey! Come in you can sit all that down at the dinning room! I say happily

You have out done yourself Natalie it looks beautiful. Laura says with a quick kiss on the cheek

Thank you.

Before I could shut the door Justin and his mother with Nates dad comes walking up. I look at Nate and he stays smiling although I know deep down he wants to go off.