Chapter 30 Natalie

I cant believe that its now been two weeks since the death of my mom. Much less close to moving and actually seeing Nate bring all the stuff from the apartment to here. It all doesnt seem real. But I am so excited!

Today is the last day of Nate moving all the stuff from the apartment, so I decided to ride with him. I needed to get out of the house and remember my life and not this of what I am going through now. When we pull up to the apartment I remember why I fell in love with it. All the memories came flooding back. We make it up to the floor that I use to call my home as well. Theres a person standing off to the side.

I look to Nate who shrugs his shoulder. We walk closer and I stop dead in my tracks. You got to be kidding me.

What in the hell is she doing here?

I honestly dont know babe. Nate says looking me in the eyes seeming just as shocked

What do you want? I ask her

Shay does her wicked smile and looks dead at Nate.

You are actually following this bitch to Texas?

And you need to leave before this bitch knocks you out. I fire back

I cant stand her and for Shay to pull this shit right now just pisses me off.

Shay you need to leave. I wont ask again. Nate says

Thats not what you just said before you went back to her.

I turn to look at Nate. What? I asked in a whisper

Babe shes lying come on.

I walk past her going into the apartment with Nate behind me. I couldnt let her get to me, but I dont trust them together.

Natalie?

Lets just get the stuff.

After a few trips to the car and back this apartment is now empty. Nate and I have done talked and I know Shay was just getting to me. I wont let it affect me. I stand in the middle where you can see all parts of this tiny apartment. The window bay where I would draw and Nate sitting on the other side of the couch smiling as he writes whatever he writes in his binder memory floods back. The first time of our argument and love was here. Tears prick my eyes. All the memories good and bad, but nothing I would trade in the world for it.

Thank you. I whisper although our voices echo in the emptiness

For what? Nate asks hugging me from behind

You helped me when things were horrible got a place for us to share and now for going to Texas with me. You changed so much for me, and I just wanted to say thank you for everything you done.

Nate hugs me tighter and we walk out hand in hand with a smile and saying goodbye to our first home together. We get in the car driving away and I hope whoever moves into that apartment has the best time and enjoys every moment with whoever they are with.

We finally make it back to my house and unload everything of Nates. My dad has done left, and I was actually thankful that we have the house alone for a little while.

Im still bothered by Shay unexpected visit, and I know that she had to visit in order to know where the apartment is. I know if I ask Nate a big fight will probably happen, and I dont have the energy to fight.