Chapter 35 Natalie

Im here at the airport waiting for Nate. He promised to be here. I check my time only thirty minutes until its time to board our flight. No miss calls and no miss text messages. Is he still coming? Did he decide not to because I didnt reach out to him first?

A stressed signs leaves my lips. Stressed and worried is an understatement. I get my phone to call Nate and I get the busy signal.

Announcer: fifteen minutes until the flight to Houston, Texas needs to board. I repeat fifteen minutes.

I keep trying to call him and I get nothing, but the busy signal. I call his mom and she tells me to calm down that shell see where he is or whats going on. More time passes and I dont know what to do or think.

What if Nate said he was coming, but changed his mind? What if something bad done happened to him and here I am thinking bad? So many what ifs and Im not sure if I should just cancel the flight and look for him or just leave.

Stop waiting for him Natalie. My subconscious says. You always wait and do stuff for him. Now its your turn to leave.

I get on social media and a quote automatically pops up.

Getting over someone is hard but I promise you the outcome is worth it. Youll learn new things about yourself. Like how to let get, why to let go and when to let go. Youll develop new characteristics. New outcomes. New solutions to your problems and believe me, the growth will be beautiful. I promise. – R.M. Drake

I sign. It will be hard to get over him if he doesnt show. Who the hell am I kidding he isnt going to show Im sure of it.

Announcer: Flight to Houston, Texas is now boarding. Again, flight to Houston, Texas is now boarding.

I call his mom letting her know and she says she isnt getting anything from him either that she driving to look for him. I sign. I wait a few more minutes. My eyes already stinging my eyes.

Announcer: Last call for flight to Houston, Texas.

I sign. I grab my suitcase following the signs. I look back once Im about to walk into the terminal and I dont see him. Nothing from the phone. Tears rolling down my cheeks I board the plane leaving behind the guy that was supposed to be my forever. The one I fell head over heels for. The only boy who truly ever had my heart. This shit hurts.

End of Book 2