Chapter 58

When they got to the back, the two of them simply kept picking chestnuts there, and the other two went to pick up the firewood and then picked them down the mountain.

    When they picked firewood and went down the mountain, the two of them went home with a basket full of chestnuts. There was no container at home to hold so many chestnuts. Bai Niannian directly used the bathtub in the house to store them. He didn’t want to take a bath for mandarin ducks or something. Come the second time.

    After picking a few loads of firewood and returning home, there was not much firewood available near the place they chose.

    "Brother Nian, let's go to a place farther to chop wood. If you have anything to do here, call us out loud." Chen Mingren took Shen Wei to the other direction and explained to them both.

.Entering mid-November, they should also be raining here, but the weather does not necessarily rain in mid-November every year. It may be postponed or it may be earlier. They should prepare early for the firewood in winter and feel more at ease.

    "I know." Bai Niannian answered, and concentrated on removing the chestnut thorns. If you are not careful, you may get your hands. They picked up a lot of them and placed them in the open space. They used stones to stab the cracks to open wider. Then take the chestnut inside out.

    The wind on the mountain is not too small. The over-cooked chestnuts on the tree will fall when they are blown by the wind. They didn't pay attention at first, they almost hit the body, and then stopped knocking the chestnut under the tree.

    "Brother Nian—come here."

    Bai Niannian was knocking on the chestnut. Hearing the shout, he asked with some uncertainty: "Ning brother, are they calling us?"

."Well, I heard it too. Let's go and take a look." Brother Ning put down the stone in his hand and walked in the direction where their voices came from. There were traces of their walk on the grass, and they quickly followed the traces to find them. .

    "What do you call us over?" Bai Niannian asked.

    "Look, what is this?" Chen Mingren heard their voices, but did not see them, and urged them to pass quickly.

    "A lot of persimmons!" When they turned a corner, they could see the big tree full of persimmons like red lanterns.

    Brother Nian and Brother Ning looked at each other and saw the surprise in each other's eyes.

    Persimmons are very popular here because they are peeled and dried. The dried persimmons can be sold for money, otherwise they can be dried and kept as snacks for children.

.There were many persimmon trees next to the chestnut forest outside the village. However, before they all matured, they were picked up one after another.

    "A lot of persimmons!" Bai Niannian hadn't eaten persimmons for a long time. Looking at these red persimmons, he took one directly in Chen Mingren's arms.

    Before they came, he should have climbed up the tree and picked a lot. The persimmon in his arms was big and ripe, without peeling, he opened a mouth on it. The persimmon skin can be peeled off in one piece and eaten. One bite, sweet taste, without the astringency that is not yet ripe.

    Brother Ning also took one to taste it, obviously like it too.

    "Let's pick these persimmons first!" Bai Niannian suggested. "The persimmons we picked are divided equally between our two families."