1

**NINE MONTHS LATHER**

JACE POV

"Push Kira," the nurses around us kept repeating it to her. I felt like my bones were cracking from how hard she was squeezing my hand. "Come on Kira you're almost there," they encouraged her loudly, "one more push! One more! Come on Kira! You're doing great!" She screamed out loudly again as she sat up. Her face was the color of a tomato and her eyes were bloodshot. 

"It's okay," I nodded, "you can do this. Come on."

She started to shake her head but I continued to nod. 

"Come on Kira you're almost there hun," the nurses continued, "come on." 

"I'm trying!" she screamed annoyed, "I'm pushing!" She pushed one more time and when she fell back into the bed and I heard that baby start crying, tears swelled in my eyes. "Dad, come cut the cord," she smiled at me. I slowly walked over and looked down, I grabbed the scissor like utensil from the nurse and as they held the cord I felt something saying don't. 

"It won't hurt them?" I asked. 

She started to chuckle, "no. They won't feel a thing. I promise." I nodded my head and cut the cord. 

"It's a beautiful baby girl," the nurse held the baby. 

"Uhm doctor?" a nurse asked while looking at Kira, "is that-" I watched her eyes widen. 

"Kira honey we're gonna need you to start pushing again," the woman grabbed her hand, "we have a bit of a surprise." 

"What's wrong?" I asked, "what happened?" Kira was terrified, it was written all over her face. 

"Honey you've got twins," she smiled, "come on, you can do this." I couldn't tell if she was excited, exhausted, pissed off or terrified. Probably a bit of everything, I'm sure I would be. These babies have put her through so much hell the past nine months and Esme, she's having the same problem. Kira screamed and clenched my hand as she pushed and pushed again. 

"You can do this my love," I groaned as my hand stung under the pressure, "you can do this." She screamed out and started to cry while shaking her head. 

"Come on Kira," the doctor pushed her, "you can do it. Come on!" 

"I can't," she cried, "I-"

"Push!" the doctor yelled again, "Kira you can do this! They're almost there. I can see the head. Come on." I looked down at Kira as she looked up at me. She took a deep breathe in and pushed again. "Almost there! Almost there! Come on Kira one more time!" 

She pushed again and again fell back into the bed. She cried of relief and I looked up as the second baby started to cry. I felt so much pressure lifted off my chest, my shoulders... I know she did to. I knelt down and wrapped my arms around her before cutting the second cord. 

"Looks like you have a son as well," the doctor nodded, "congratulations. I have to take them to run some tests and make sure everything is normal but I will be back with them. In the meantime, relax, take a breather. The nurses are going to get you cleaned up and think of some names." She turned and walked out. The nurses finished helping Kira and soon were out of  the room. I saw down beside her. 

"Twins," she breathed out shakily while smiling, "we have two." 

"I know," I smiled while kissing her, "I know. God you're so beautiful. I love you so much." 

"I love you," she cried and motioned for a hug so I stood up and she wrapped her arms around me. I kissed the top of her head.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESME POV