55

CYPRUS POV

I walked through the backdoor with her in my arms and Rowan rushed to us.

"Oh my god are you okay?" he asked immediately, "what do you need?" 

"Space," I murmured. He took a few steps back without saying anything and I headed upstairs. Okay, I guess that was probably harsh but... I'm in no mood right now. I heard him and Aelia downstairs. 

"What's wrong?" he asked her. 

"It's been rough," Aelia replied, "Kai and the others should be back soon." 

"Is she okay?" he asked, "where are they?" 

"I don't know," Aelia said, "and I assume so, she's got a bracelet that won't let her die." I focused my attention back on Anna, gently laying her down in my bed. I sat down next to her and ran my fingers through her hair as I looked around the room. My eyes caught her bag and it was enough to make me smile. 

How long has she been here? 

I decided to hop in the shower and oh how the hot water felt so amazing. I put some shampoo in my hands and massaged it into my hair before rinsing it out. I did the same with the conditioner and then washed my body off. I stood under the water and closed my eyes. Flashbacks consumed my mind. 

"P-please," I asked her, "please s-stop." I felt the whip slice my back and I let out a groan. 

"You will stay on the brink just like he is!" she hit me again. My muscles tensed  and I tried to arch my back but it wasn't working. She hit me again... and again... and again. 

"Stop!" I yelled out, "stop!" She stepped in front of me and waved her hand in front of my mouth, making it to where I couldn't talk, I couldn't open my mouth at all. She grabbed my hair and tilted my head back before pinching my nose closed. I started to shake my head , trying to get her hands off so I could breathe. She held on tightly, barely allowing my head to move.

"Cyprus!" I heard her scream out my name and it snapped my attention back to reality, "Cyprus!?" I quickly shut off the water and wrapped a towel around my waist before running out of the bathroom. 

"Anna?" I turned to see her by the door, getting ready to leave the room. As soon as she saw me she started to cry and ran over, wrapping her arms around my neck. Her body was shaking. "It's okay," I rubbed her back slowly, "you're okay."

"Are you okay?" she pulled back and looked me up and down. Her eyes stopped once they saw my shirtless figure and they slowly made their way back to mine. 

I chuckled but was concerned, "I'm okay. Are you okay? What happened?" 

"I- I don't know," she shook her head, "I think it was a bad dream. I woke up and when I didn't see you, something just snapped in my head and I- I just screamed out your name. I'm sorry. I-" 

"Don't apologize," I shook my head, "thank you." 

"For what?" she scoffed, "I didn't do anything but mess stuff up." 

"You gave me strength," I sat down on the bed and grabbed her hand, she sat down next to me. "I could barely hold my head up, barely move my fingers but when I saw you- when I saw you and he had you.. it did something. It gave me everything I needed. I'm sorry I couldn't get to you in time, Anna. I'm sorry I couldn't stop him. I-" 

"Hey it's okay," she set her hand on my face, "it's okay, don't be sorry. I wasn't dying, remember?" She held up her arm and a smile broke across her face, "I'm glad you're okay, I was worried, terrified ... to say the least." 

"I know I'm sorry," I hugged her, "as thankful as I am that you were there for me, I wish you'd had stayed here. It was dangerous coming out there." 

"I know," she sighed, "I know but... I couldn't stay here. Nothing in my mind was telling me to stay here. I needed to find you, I needed to see you and make sure you were okay."