25

ESME POV

We heard a knock at the door and Kira walked over, looking out before opening it. 

"Hi," she smiled, "you must be Jane?" 

"That's me," she smiled, "you're Kira?" 

"Sure am," she nodded while stepping to the side, "sorry it's a little messy in here." The woman walked through the door and I felt a relief. She's human.

"No no problem," she shook her head, "so you're looking to reopen Green Glenn. You said you have the papers? I assume you've talked with local authorities?"

"I planned to do that today," she nodded, "it's in Jace's name, he's my boyfriend, but it's in his name. Does he need to be the one talking to them?" 

"It wouldn't hurt for him to tag along," Jane nodded, "that way the new owner will be there too." 

"When do you want to head out?" Kira asked. 

"I am ready whenever you are," she smiled, "and him. We can take my car, I'll bring you guys back here when it's done." Kira nodded and ran up to get Jace. He'll be happy about that. The two walked back down the stairs and said their goodbyes before heading out. I took the three babies upstairs and laid them down for their naps. 

"Hey baby you hungry?" Justin walked over to me once I made it back downstairs. 

"Not too bad right now," I shook my head, "are you my love?" He shrugged his shoulders. 

"Kinda," he looked at me, "but I don't know. I can probably wait till you are." 

I chuckled, "you don't have to wait for me to eat so you can." 

"Yeah but I like eating with you," he nodded, "not a fan of me eating and you not, makes me feel some sort of way." I kissed his cheek.

"Alright then," I smiled, "I can eat a sandwich. What do you want?" 

"Really?" he asked.

"You're hungry," I laughed, "I'll eat something small and you can just eat whatever. Okay?" He looked through the pantry and pulled out a can of chili. "Chili?" I smiled, "that's what you want?" He then walked to the fridge without saying a word and grabbed out cheese and sour cream. He opened the can and put it in a bowl, tossing it in the microwave and heating it up. He then grabbed the bread and proceeded to make my favorite, peanut butter banana. 

"You didn't have to do that love," I smiled. The microwave beeped and he pulled out the bowl. He handed me the plate and winked before finishing his. We walked into the living room and sat down on the couch. We started to eat and Cyprus walked downstairs to us. 

"What's up?" Justin asked. 

"Nothing," he sat down, "kinda bored. I was thinking about going out into the woods for a while, running around or something."

"Wouldn't be a bad idea," I shook my head, "think it's supposed to be sunny today, still cold but sunny. All of us could go out." Me and Justin finished our food and I headed up to check on the littles. The three of them were still sleeping. I cast a small spell to temporarily link their bodies to mine so I could feel when they wake up before we head out. I then cast a barrier spell that'll allow no one else inside until I take it down. I walked down to Kai and Rowan's room and knocked on the door. 

"Come in," Kai said. 

I opened the door, "me, Justin and Cyprus are gonna head out into the woods for a while. I barriered the house so if you leave, you can't get in until I take the spell down. Just wanted to let you know." 

"Have fun," he yawned, "me and him are probably going to head out for lunch soon. What about the babies?" 

"They're linked to me," I nodded, "I'll feel the first one that wakes up. We won't be far so I'll be here quickly. They're sleeping right now."  He nodded his head and rolled back over, I shut the door and headed back down. The three of us headed into the woods. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KAI POV

"Well you want to get ready and go?" I asked Rowan. 

"Yeah," he sat up slowly, "lets do it." I pushed myself up out of bed and slid on some jeans and hoodie. Rowan did the same. We each put on shoes and we headed downstairs. We walked out the back door and I shifted into a wolf, I laid down and allowed Rowan to climb onto my back. 

"So where are you thinking for food?" I linked with his mind. 

"Honestly I'm not sure," he said aloud, "I'm not sure what all is out that way." We were in Rosedale after a little while and I shifted back into a human. We walked out and started walking down the sidewalk.

"Oh hey that's Jane's car," I pointed and looked up, "must be talking to the police." 

"Oh that looks like a nice place," Rowan pointed to the side, "Yales. Come on, lets go check it out." He grabbed my hand and the two of us headed into the building. 

"Hi!" we were immediately greeted by a young woman, "just two?" 

"Yup," I nodded, "just us."

"Right this way," she smiled as she grabbed two menus. We walked over to a booth and sat down across from each other. I opened the menu and saw him looking out the window.

"What is it?" I asked. 

"Nothing," he shook his head as he continued to stare, "I just saw this black SUV drive by and I- I don't know. Something didn't feel right." 

"What do you mean?" I asked. I know more than enough to know bad feelings aren't nothing. 

"I just got this sense of fear," he looked at me, "probably nothing though." 

"No," I shook my head, "too much shit has happened to not trust instincts." 

"I don't want to mess this up," he sighed, "I would like to just have a normal date with you." I looked at him for a few seconds and then agreed... because I wanted the same. I nodded my head and we got our drinks soon after. We ordered our food and talked for a bit before it came out. He took the first bite. 

"Mmmm," he groaned, "that's so good. Eat yours, eat yours." I laughed as I took the first bit and it was like... like an orgasm in my mouth. Amazing. 

"This is really good," I chuckled, "glad you picked here." I looked over and happened to see Kira and Jace walking. I watched for a moment as  policeman walked out and then Jane followed. Guess they're going to be moving to the next place. I tried to listen in but there was too much noise around me. 

"Kai?" Rowans voice echoed in the back of my head, "Kai? Kai." I jumped and looked back at him. He looked concerned. 

"Yes?" I said, "sorry... I was just focused in." 

"On Kira and Jace?" he asked, "fair enough." 

"I'm sorry," I sighed, "I just- I don't know. I worry. The last thing we need is for both parents to twin tribreds going missing, let alone that mother being my sister and the last blood family I have, minus Esme."

"You don't have to apologize," he set his hand on mine, "it's okay, really. We can finish up and then do whatever you'd like okay? I don't care if that includes stalking them to make sure they're okay." I smiled and just looked at him.. what did I do to deserve you?