71

ONE WEEK LATER

KIRA POV

"Okay kiddos I'll see you guys later!" I yelled out as they headed out the door. Fen and Lilly were slow but somewhat happy. Aelia on the other hand, she was just down and in the dumps. Her friend still hasn't been to school and she's worried but isn't wanting to do any digging. She doesn't want us to either so I'll respect her on it but I want to, I want to try and figure out if she's at least okay. 

"Bye mom love you!" my two yelled out in unison before shutting the door. It wasn't long before Jace and Kai came walking down and into the kitchen. 

"Why good morning," I smiled as Jace grabbed his coffee and made his way towards me. 

"Good morning," he leaned down and kissed me. 

"Good morning!" Kai hopped in. I couldn't help but laugh a bit. 

"Good morning," I answered him. 

 "So me and Kai were doing some talking," Jace sat down. 

"About?" I asked. 

"About us boys going out into the woods for a week or something and kinda living off the land," he looked at me. 

"And Rowan?" I asked. 

"Him too," Kai nodded, "he will also. We're going to try and just get through it was humans." 

"Why?" I asked laughing. What is the point of this? 

"Rowan doesn't think we can do it," Jace admitted, "and I know we can so we're gonna do it." 

"Okay," I sat back and nodded, "when?" 

"Today?" he asked.

"Don't ask me," I laughed some more, "it's up to you." 

He looked at Kai who was nodding his head, "it's on. Today it is. I'll go get packing and wake him up." He headed upstairs before anything could be said and I looked at Jace again. 

"You guys know you can do this," I stared blankly, "so what are you two doing?" 

"Nothing," I shook my head, "we're genuinely going to go out there, kill some squirrel or something, make a fire to cook it and just survive for a week. Rowan, I don't think he can do it himself so maybe he's got something to prove, I don't know." I agree with him to be honest, I don't think Rowan can do it either. I nodded and stood up, walking over to the coffee maker and making another cup for myself.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KAI POV

"Rowan," I walked into the bedroom, "hey babe, wake up." I walked over and slowly climbed in bed with him, kissing him softly on the cheek. He slowly rolled over, taking a deep breath in and putting his arm around me to pull me close. 

"Good morning," he moaned. 

"We're going out today," I smirked, "you wanted a week out, we're doing it." 

"What?" his eyes popped open, "seriously? I-"

"Seriously," I nodded and jumped up, "come on, lets start packing." I walked over and grabbed two small bags for us to pack a couple pair of clothes and one or two personal items just in case. I was going to bring a knife. We headed downstairs and by then Kira had started on breakfast. 

"Mmm whatcha making?" Rowan asked. 

"Bacon, eggs and toast," she spun around, "figured you all should get full before heading out." 

"Yeahhh uhh- when are we leaving?" he turned and looked at me. I could see the uncertainty in his eyes and his entire figure was a bit anxious. 

"When we're done eating," Jace jumped in chuckling, "ready?"