4

CYPRUS POV

It's been a week and some change since the last full moon. I'm still chained up in the same position he locked me in down here. I haven't eaten and I can feel my body having to constantly heal itself because of it. It's exhausting, really.

Why is this happening... I've always done every thing he's asked of me, without back talk. I've always listened. I've really just always strived to make him proud of me. That's all I've ever wanted. I've never been able to though and no one has ever helped me. I heard the door open and my dad walked down, slowly making his way in front of me. 

"Your mother said she's getting close to possibly finding a lead," he smirked, "we'll cure you in no time." 

"Possibly close to finding a lead?" I asked, "do you hear yourself? I-" I felt his fist hit my face and I slowly turned back towards him. "There is no cure," I shook my head, "please, listen to me. Please." 

"No!" he yelled, "I refuse to believe my son is gone!"

"I'm not gone father!" I yelled sadly, "I'm right here! I am your son! I am! I'm not a monster... please-please listen to me!" 

"I just can't believe you knowing that-that-that thing lives within you," he looked completely disgusted. I watched him walk behind me and heard the water water bottle scrunching. He walked back in front of me. 

"Please," I shook my head, "please. I can't keep this up forever... I-I haven't eaten. My body, it-it can't heal itself much longer. I can't do this much longer."

"Well maybe when you're starved enough the demon will free itself from you," he nodded. Is he really serious? 

"That's not how it works," I shook my head, "it isn't a demon. I had the accident and I evolved. I evolved into what I am now. I can not control that, I can't. It's who I am. This is going to kill me. When I can't heal myself anymore, when my body exhausts itself from your beatings, I will die."

"How do you know so much about this stuff?" he asked, "how do you know?"

"Because I am a wolf," I looked down, "I know you hate it. I know and I'm sorry. If I could change it I would, I've only ever wanted to please you. I've learned about myself, I've tried to learn of my bloodline but-"

"Your bloodline is with us!" he screamed infuriated, "with us! It was supposed to be with us anyways... before your mother. She- she betrayed me. She-" He looked at the ground and started to shake his head, "this is unacceptable. You're right Cyprus, you are a wolf. For that you are an abomination and you are not allowed within this covens walls, within our walls. Your kind and those-those bloodsuckers--" He looked at though saying the word would make him vomit, "you're all going to hell. None of you should be here. So here's what I'm going to do since I love your backstabbing bitch of a mother still." He walked over and unchained my hands and ankles. I fell to the ground, I had no strength..

I felt his boot strike my side and I rolled over flinching as he continued to kick me, "ple-please s-stop."

"You are banished from this house, from this coven," he spit in my face, "you're a disgrace. You're nothing. You will not see me or your mother again until the day we put that demon in you down. If that means putting you down, that's what it means. It seems to have infected your mind completely already, there's no saving you. You have five minutes to get out of here and get as far away as you can from us. I don't ever want to see your face again." I felt like I had been struck in the heart. I didn't know what to say, what to think. "Five minutes," he glared at me again, "or I will put you down right now myself. Leave." He turned and walked away without saying another word. I laid there for a few seconds as I tried to gather myself before slowly pushing myself to my feet.