48

ONE WEEK LATER

KIREA POV

I woke up to the sun shining brightly in my face. Saturday and today is the first day it's supposed to be somewhat warm. The snow had all melted and the sun is supposed to be out and shiny, I'm honestly ready for it. Everyone needs to get out and enjoy the sun. 

A little update on everyone: 

Fenrys and Lillith were both doing good in school, both are healthy and they are extremely focused on learning about their magic. Fen tests the boundaries, all the time. 

Jace is doing good, everything has been fine and we have been doing great. He's been doing a lot of hunting, a lot of patrolling the area recently. I have been okay, just making sure every one else stays alive and well. I'm still on the hunt for the Flaming stone, the Crescent stone is held within Dory's coven, also trying to figure out how to get that. 

Kai and Rowan are both doing good. They're worried about Aelia, honestly all of us are. Rowan is still hell bent on getting a job and Kai is very onboard with it. 

Esme and Justin are also fine, been keeping a steady eye on Cyprus with the Anna situation. 

Cade is excelling in magic and Esme told me he thinks he has an original power of his own; he can tell lies and then figure out the truth. 

Cyprus, he's doing okay. He's healed, back to normal. Him and Annabelle spent most of the last week together but as soon as he took her back home... Flint showed up. I don't think Anna went back to him willingly, I think he is forcing her to be in that relationship. I can see how she acts with Cy, it's better. She knows that. It has to be because she's scared of Flint, so of course when face to face she can't say no. I don't think I'd say no if I was basically powerless against a man that is much larger than me, not if he's hurt me before. I admit, I'd probably be scared too. 

Aelia, I've barely seen her. No one has seen her very much, she's barely spoken to any of us. I had to tell the sheriff which alerted her parents and family. They obviously took her body, that was the hardest part for Aelia. Supposedly Destiny hadn't told them Aelia even existed, they had no clue who she was and ultimately thought she ran away when she didn't come home for multiple days. This didn't raise concern to them because she's done this many many times (this was odd to Aelia considering Des always told her she was at home or with Aelia). It crushed her. Once they took Des, Aelia just sunk even deeper. We decided to have our own burial for her where we said our goodbyes, she locked herself in her room after that. That was 4 days ago now, she hasn't come out since. She won't talk, won't eat, nothing. The only reason I know she's alive is because I can hear her heartbeat. I'm worried about her. 

That's why today is the perfect day to get everyone out. She can use some magic, get a little pep in her step, atleast I hope she can. I wanted to start by making breakfast so I got right on it once I got downstairs. I was the first one awake, that's normal but everyone else will be awake once the food starts cooking and the smells start to linger. They won't be able to help themselves. 

Just like that I heard the pitter patter of feet coming down the stairs and when I turned around Fen and Lilly were at my sides. 

"What are you making?" Fen stood looking at me. 

I couldn't help but chuckle, "goodmorning little ones, I'm making bacon and eggs. You guys want toast?" They nodded their heads and I pointed upstairs, "go wake your dad up." Smiles broke out across their faces as they took off up the stairs laughing. I heard the door swing open and just stood smiling as I listened. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JACE POV

I felt the weight of them land on me and I just groaned as I rolled over. When I laid still and held my breathe I felt them start jumping. 

"I know you're awake dad!" Lilly laughed, "wake up! Mommy is making bacon and eggs! Wake up!" 

"Alright alright," I laughed as I sat up, "how are you guys?" I felt Lilly's arms wrap around me and hug me tightly, Fen jumped on my back. 

"OW!" Lilly pulled away quickly, "Fen you idiot! You hurt me hand!" 

"It was an accident!" he yelled louder, "I didn't me-"

"Okay!" I laughed as I got out of bed, "lets go downstairs. Lilly are you okay?" I picked her up and she nodded her head. The three of us walked out of our room and we headed downstairs. I walked over to her slowly, she was smiling the entire time. Gosh, she's so beautiful, I'll never get over it. 

"Goodmorning handsome," she pressed her lips to mine, "how'd you sleep?" 

"Good," I smiled, "I slept good. How'd you sleep my love?" 

"Good," she smiled, "it's supposed to be nice outside today, warm. I figured I'd get everyone outside, we could do some training, just have some fun." 

"That sounds like a great idea," I nodded, "I'm down for it. What ya making?" 

"Bacon and eggs," she smirked, "and toast, if you want some?" 

"Sure," I kissed her head, "thank you." I walked over and poured myself a cup of coffee. I walked and sat down, making sure to stay in the kitchen with her. I heard a door open upstairs, Kai. I can smell him.

"Morning," he yawned as he made his way downstairs, "how is everyone this morning?"

"Tired," I chuckled, "want some coffee?" 

"Sure," he yawned again, "what's for breakfast?"

"Bacon, eggs and toast," she rattled off, "you hungry?" 

"Starving," Kai nodded as I handed him the coffee, "thanks Jace. Hey I'm gonna go wake up Rowan and Aelia." 

"You talked to her at all?" Kira asked. 

Kai sighed and shook his head, "no. She's alive in there but I haven't been able to talk to her, she won't answer anything." 

"And you can't get in?" she asked. 

"She's got it locked," he said, "I don't want to be that parent." 

"Then I'll get her out today," Kira nodded, "she can't lock it forever, not anymore." Kai looked at her for a few seconds before looking over at me. I just shrugged my shoulders and took a drink, I don't know what to say and I'm not about to get in the middle of it, Kira didn't sound too happy about it. I'll just keep my distance. I suddenly heard a loud thud and what sounded like screaming. 

"Lilly!" Fens voice carried, "get out of here!" I bolted upstairs, Kira right behind me and I ran into Fen and Lilly's room. 

"Hey!" I saw a man but only his shadow. He was gone just like that....

"Lilly?" Kira ran in, "Lillith!" She spun and looked at me, "where is she?!" I ran and jumped out the window after him.