20

KAI POV

"Kai!" I heard my name being yelled within the woods. 

"Did you hear that?" I turned and looked into the woods. 

"No," Kira said, "come on, lets keep going." We continued to spar. Jace, Justin, Esme and Cyprus were on the sidelines watching. Esme was holding Cade. Fenrys and Lillith were on the ground playing with the twigs and leaves. 

"Kai!" I heard again, "Kairo where are you!" I had to stop, taking a hit straight to the face. 

"Oh my god are you okay?" Kira immediately asked. 

"Yeah," I looked around, "you guys really didn't hear that?" 

"Hear what?" Jace asked. 

"Someone is yelling my name," I looked over at him, "I keep hearing it. You guys don't?" I looked at each of them as they looked at each other and back at me, shaking their heads. 

"Kairo!" I heard. I looked at Kira as her attention snapped to the trees in front of us. 

"We heard it that time," she said. 

"Stay here," I nodded, "I'll be back." 

"You aren't going alone," Kira stepped forward. 

"It'll be fine," I nodded, "I just have a feeling, trust me." I looked at her for a few seconds and she nodded her head. I turned back around and started to run. 

"Kai!" he screamed. I know that voice... 

"Rowan?" I saw him standing there. I could hear his heartbeat racing. He turned around and his eyes met mine. He started running towards me and I just held my arms around and walked towards him. His body hit mine and his arms wrapped tightly around me. He was crying, his body was shaking. 

"Hey," I chuckled, "hey you're okay. It's okay."

"We have to get out of here," he pulled back frantically, "we have to go right now. Someone is going to kill you... we-we have to go right now." 

"Hey look at me," I put both my hands on his cheeks, "you're awake. I'm not dying, everything's okay." I wrapped him back in my arms. 

"I- I.. it was a dream?" his voice cracked, "I- you.."

"I know," I shook my head, "I know. I'm sorry. You're okay now, I'm okay. Kira and the others, they're back there. Everything's okay now." 

"You- you died," he shook his head, "over and over. How are you here? Am I dead?"

"No," I shook my head some more, "you remember us being held by those witches?" He nodded his head. "Do you remember us coming back home?" I asked again. He nodded. 

"Yeah," he said, "I- I remember I started puking.." 

"Yes!" I said louder, "yes... you started puking blood. Kira put you under a sleep spell but in order to figure out what was wrong she had to go into your mind. The witches, whenever they tried to take you and you managed to come back to me, they put a spell on you. Well, two spells. They placed an acidic blood spell on you and then they placed this spell called the lovers death mind game... it was the same one they had me under." 

"S-so it wasn't real?" He asked, "y-you're actually alive right now? I'm alive?" 

I couldn't help but chuckle, "yes, we're okay. You're okay. And god I'm so thankful you're okay." He looked up at me for a few seconds and then I felt his lips press against mine. 

"I love you," he pulled away. 

"I love you," I kissed the top of his head as I hugged him tightly.

"H-how long has it been?" he asked.