36

CYPRUS POV

I swear I'll kill him if I ever see him again. I am so enraged at what he did to her. To see her like this, to see these marks on her face. It angers me in ways I didn't know possible. I set her down in the car and shut the door before walking over and getting in the drivers seat. She was cold, she had no jacket and now there were holes in her shirt and jeans. I turned on the heat and sat back, looking at her. She sat there shivering, she was scared. I'm sure I didn't help that earlier but there was no way they were about to pick a fight with a wolf.

"Hey," I whispered, "it's all good now." 

"Th-there was a wolf out there Cyprus," she looked around nervously, "a wolf. I probably sound fucking crazy right now, I'm sorry. I-"

"You have no reason to be sorry," I grabbed her hand without thinking, "and you don't sound crazy." I smelt blood and looked down, seeing her hand wrapped with gauze, "what happened to your hand?" 

"Nothing," she sniffled, "it's okay. I'm okay." 

Lies. All lies. 

"Anna," I sighed. I heard him yelling at her, blaming her for all types of shit. 

"I'm okay," she shook her head. I heard her voice crack and she just shut her eyes. I watched her lips quiver as she tried to fight back the tears. I pushed the center console up to reveal the third seat up front and then I slowly grabbed her. Her body tensed and I let go of her. Instantly she looked at me, "I'm sorry." She started to shake her head.

"It's okay," I shook my head back, "you're okay, don't be sorry. Come here." I tried to keep my voice calm, subtle. What the fuck happened to her tonight? What the hell did they do to her? She looked at me for a couple seconds and then pushed herself back and made her way to me. I pulled her slowly onto my lap and just wrapped my arms around her. I felt her body start to shake but I could also tell she was withholding it. "Let it out," I whispered as I ran my fingers through her hair, "it's okay, I promise." Her cries became harder, her breathing was sharper and she was just... distraught. She was so upset and I can't say I blame her. I just want her to know she's okay now, with me, she is safe here. 

"We- we got there and we went inside and then all the football players showed up and they surrounded him but completely pushed me out. Then when I got back in there they- they asked why he brought me, in complete disgust and it just made me feel so shitty. The one... he, he called me a freak. Then Flint lied and told them I wanted to come but really he was the one flipping out earlier because he wanted me to go," she was bawling and could barely catch her breath as she explained, "and then they made me go get beers so I did but they- they were gone when I got back. Then someone ran into me and I dropped a bunch of the bottles and they broke and when I stood up again, I got pushed back down which is why  my hand is cut up." She held it up and looked at her, running her fingers over the bandage, "a piece of the bottle stuck into my palm so I found a bathroom, pulled it out and cleaned it. Then Flint called me and was yelling over the phone that he was outside so I hung up, went out there but when I got there he basically forced me to drink this stuff that was like beer but it didn't taste like beer. I- I ended up snapping at one of his friends and then I started to feel sick and dizzy. Flint walked away and I- I remember falling. Then two of them- of the football players, they grabbed me and they- they drug me into the woods." 

By now my blood was boiling. He made her drink alcohol that clearly had some type of drug in it and then they... they took her to the woods? 

"They held me down and they started to touch me," she cried as she shook her head, "and then Flint showed up, he pulled them off me but then started screaming at me because I-I was letting them...? That's what he said, he accused me of letting it happen. I tried to get away but he caused a scene in front of everyone, drug me upstairs to a room where he just started screaming about how he just wanted a good night, a stress free night, about how I was trying to have sex with them. He threw a lamp into the wall, it shattered. And-and he-he hit me. When I got away I ran downstairs and out of the house, I ran down the road and th-that's when I called you. I sat down but then I heard a car, I saw the lights and I knew it was Flint with all of his friends. They pulled up next to me and Flint tried to get me in the truck. I tried to fight him but I couldn't, I couldn't do it. He made me get in the truck and then we passed you."