42

AELIA POV

"Aelia?" Destiny asked nervously, "we-we stopped."

"Shh," I whispered, "stay calm, okay? Try to stay calm." Her eyes were red puffy, her cheeks were wet. The doors opened and we were pulled out of the van. I was able to stay quiet but Destiny, no. She was hysterical.

"Get off of me!" she cried, "get away from me!" 

"Shut up!" the man said, "jesus! Shut up!" He slapped her face hard enough to make her hit the ground. 

"Don't touch her!" I screamed, "leave her alone!" 

"You would like me to listen to you, wouldn't you?" he walked over to me, narrowing his eyes as he spoke, "that's not gonna happen. You got away from my bidder the first time, now I'm not letting you out of my sight." The witches that surrounded us immobilized both me and Destiny, they moved us into the building and downstairs. 

I was placed in chains that hung from the ceiling, my ankles were roped together. Destiny was put in a chair, her hands tied behind her, her ankles tied to each chair leg. He put a piece of fabric in her mouth, tied it behind her head so she couldn't talk." 

"So you're Destiny," he knelt down in front of her, "I see you mean a lot to this one. You know what meant a lot to me?" He was staring into her eyes as she cried. "That bidders loyalty that your girlfriend cost me!" he slapped her face. 

"Stop!" I snapped, "don't hit her! Let her go! This is between us! You and me!" He walked over to me, laughing. My heart was racing. 

"Between you and me?" he asked getting closer to my face, "well she is your girlfriend right? Means you and her are a package deal. I have you which means I also have her." He walked over and stood behind her, I watched his fangs pop out and the veins did too. 

"No," I started to shake my head, "no! Stop! Don't!" I watched him latch onto her neck. Her eyes widened and she cried out as he drank her blood. "Stop!" I cried out, "Stop! Des! Stop! Leave her alone! Stop!" He finally pulled away, letting her hair go. I watched her head lean back weakly. 

"Mmmm," he wiped his lip with his thumb, "delicious."

"Get away from her," I glared, "or even better, let me have my magic so I can beat your ass!" 

"You aren't gonna do anything," he moved in front of me. His face was inches from mine, "you can't do anything." I looked over at Destiny, she was trying to focus. I could tell she was having a hard time though. 

"It's okay," I tried to stay calm for her, "it'll be okay. I promise." 

"Is it?" he asked. I watched him bite his wrist and walk over to her, pulling her head back and forcing her to drink his blood. 

"No!" I cried, "stop! No!" She started to cough and I watched as he stood directly behind her, both his hands on her head. "NO!" I screamed, "STOP! NO!" I watched him twist her neck, I heard it break and I watched her fall back lifelessly. "NO!" I bawled, "No! Destiny! Des! N-"

"Oh shut up!" he yelled, "she'll wake up. She'll just be... a vampire." 

"You're a monster!" I cried as I rattled the chains, "you-" 

"You think that was mean?" he started to laugh, "she'll wake up. Now what's mean is this." He walked back in front of me holding a water bottle. He took the cap off and I felt his hands grab my hair, forcing my head back. He started to dump the water into my mouth, it had a strange taste to it. He pulled it back when I started to cough it up but was quick to make me start drinking again. "Wait till she wakes up hungry," he said as he continued to poor down my throat, "when she's hungry, unchained and all that's in front of her is her girlfriend human witch who is full of vervain." 

"What!" I spit, "no!" 

"Shut up!" he snapped, "drink!" Afterwards I watched him break her free, her body fell off the chair and onto the ground. He took the towel out from inside her mouth and walked out of the room. He shut and locked the door. I just looked down at her, I felt helpless, sad. I was scared of what was to come. She has no blood supply here, the vervain will only weaken her. She needs untouched human blood. I can't give her that and if she can't get it within 24 hours... she... she's dead...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KAI POV

With it nearing 5 in the afternoon I decided to send a message to Aelia. Her and Destiny have been gone a while, haven't heard anything from them so I figure a message won't hurt. 

"Hey what are you thinking for dinner?" Kira walked downstairs and into the kitchen, "any ideas?" 

"Honestly no," I shook my head, "I'm not sure. I haven't done much thinking on it. What about you? Jace? Hey Fen! Lilly!" 

"Yes?" the two of them yelled from their rooms. 

"Are you hungry?" I yelled from downstairs. 

"Yes!" I could hear their little feet running around. Soon they were downstairs with us and they were looking through the pantry and fridge. 

"Can I have mac n cheese?" Fenrys asked. 

"Can I have a grilled cheese?" Lilly pulled out the bread. 

"Okay so we can't agree?" Kira smirked, "awesome. Sure." She took the bread and pulled out a box of macaroni and cheese, filling up a pot of water and placing it on the stove. The two of them took off upstairs again. 

"Do you know where Aelia and Des went?" she asked. 

"Yeah Aelia told us earlier that her and Des were gonna go get lunch and see a movie," I nodded, "I texted her like ten minutes ago or so, haven't heard from her in a while." 

"I see," she nodded as she started to cook, "makes sense. Ask her what they'd like to eat tonight." I nodded and pulled out my phone, sending another text to her before placing it back in my back pocket. 

"Where's Jace?" I asked, "sleeping?" 

"Yeah," she nodded, "Rowan?" 

"He said he wanted to go out for a walk," I nodded, "so that's where he went." 

"And you're okay with it?" I asked, "with everything going on right now?" 

"He isn't my prisoner," I shook my head, "he can do what he wants. He knows if something goes wrong I'll know and I will find him." 

"That's fair," she nodded, "I just don't know if I'd feel safe." 

"I don't," I shook my head, "I don't, at all. I just have to trust him and he has to trust me." She nodded her head again, continuing to cook. I pulled my phone back out and looked at my messages. Still nothing. 

Why isn't Aelia answering? What is going on?