34

KIRA POV

I walked through the gates into the cemetery and looked around at the ruined stone buildings that stood. I looked up at the tower that stood tall on the other side and started towards it. I opened the wooden door at the bottom and walked in, seeing the stairs and heading up. Once I got to the top, I opened the second door and walked into the room. It was as it was the last time I was up here, clean, untouched. I walked over to the bed where Tabitha's journal and Grimoire set. I sat down on the bed and grabbed her grimoire, opening it to the page about the Malignant Stone. 

I read about how the stone could supposedly reverse the mortality of the witches, making them become immortal. I haven't read as far as to know what the side effects are or if there are any. 

She wrote about all three stones in general, she had chapters on each one and what they meant, what they could do, how it would happen. It's as if she made them, maybe she was obsessed with finding them too, who knows. 

I read more about how if combined with the blood of a Daggerfall Witch the stone would crack open to reveal a smaller stone, this is the stone that would be used to either unite the factions or ruin them completely and it was used as a fail safe, anyone who gets their hands on those stones and tries to use them without the knowledge to break them open, they'll succeed at nothing. "We love a smart witch," I whispered to myself as I continued to read, "we sure do.." As I flipped to the next page I got to see her plans, or atleast what she planned. "You wanted to unite the factions too?" I whispered, "you?" Suddenly I felt a weight inside my chest and I tilted my head back. 

When I was in control of my body again, I was able to sit up and open my eyes. Everything around me was in black and white, it was like there was no true color here. I looked around, it was as if I was outside of the tower, just walking around the cemetery. "Hello?" I called out, "is anyone there?" 

"Who are you?" a voice asked from behind me. I spun around to see a woman. Her skin was a beautiful, rich brown and her hair was curled to perfection. She was pure elegance.

"Kira," I stood tall, "Delta. Who are you?" 

"De Meath," she stared into my eyes, "Tabitha De Meath."

"How did I get here?" I asked. 

"Why are you looking through my grimoire?" she asked.

"There really isn't a particular reason," I shook my head, "I'm amazed at the things I've read, the amount I've learned already from you." 

She looked at me for a few seconds, "I'm the one that binds the ancestral world to the living. I'm the reason you're here. You have an interest in the stones, why?"

"I want to unite the factions," I nodded my head as I kept eye contact with her, "I don't want to fight. I can do that. I have the power to do that." 

"What makes you think you have enough power to do something like that?" she asked. 

"Because I am all three factions," I looked at her, "I am a witch, a wolf and a vampire. Me, my brother and my sister." 

Her eyes widened, "oh you're the tribred. I knew that name was familiar. Remember Jazz? Rit?" 

"You- you knew my grandmother?" I asked. 

"She found peace," her slowly nodded her head, "and Jazz?" 

"Yeah," I looked down, "I remember her. And Zaj... who knows where he is now." 

"Zaj?" she asked, "what do you mean 'where he is now'?" 

"The day he put a blade through my stomach was the last day I saw him," I sighed, "he disappeared. Haven't seen him since." 

"You saw him?" she asked, "how did you see him? How did they get back to the world of the living?"