6

JUSTIN POV

"It should be around here somewhere," we walked down the road and that's when I saw it, "there it is! This way!" I took off into the woods. My heart was racing and suddenly I smelt the fire and I could smell him. I saw the cave soon after that and darted in front of it. He looked up and jumped back. 

"It's okay," I put my hands up before he was even able to say anything, "I'm not here to hurt you." 

"Who are you?" he asked. He was scared, I could hear it in his voice. 

"I'm Justin," I said, "this is Jace." He walked around the rock and looked in.

"How-how'd you find me?" he stuttered, "I can leave. I don't want any trouble." 

"I know," I nodded and walked slowly to him. I held the bag in my hand and slowly held it out to him, "there's food and water in there. I'm a wolf and so is he. I know this might sound weird but I had a vision or something a few hours ago. Is your name Cyprus by chance?" 

"Y-yeah," he nodded as he opened the bag, "a vision? Like a dream? Wh-what did you see? Wait- why did you find me? How did you find me?" 

"Well my alpha, Kira, that's Jace's girlfriend, she's been having these pains," I explained. I could tell he was becoming more comfortable. "There are healing bars in there too," I nodded, "eat them. I know you're weak. I uh- I was in the woods but I could hear you begging someone to stop so I followed your voice. I followed it to a house, had a porch on the front. A green front door with green shutters. A woman walked out, she was crying but she couldn't see me so I walked through the house following your voice outside and to a cellar. There you were chained up and there was a man, you called him-" 

"My dad," he sighed, "he's so ashamed of me. He hates me. I- he took away my magic, he-he took it away." 

"He doesn't deserve you," I shook my head and put my hand on his shoulder, "he was hurting you. What was mixed in that water? I could smell the wolfsbane but I smelt something else..."

"Mercury," he nodded, "he mixed it in there with it."

"I have to admit, I've never had that happen to me," I shook my head some more, "I'm sorry. I saw you out here, saw the fire-"

"You touched me," he looked into my eyes suddenly, "I felt you." I nodded my head. 

"I ran out after that and saw a sign so when I woke up I came," I said. 

"Why though?" he asked, "why would you come? Both of you?"

"We're a pack," Jace nodded, "I wasn't going to let him come out here alone. If something is wrong with one, there is something wrong for all of us."

"I needed to," I looked back at him, "I couldn't let you stay out here. I wasn't even 100% sure if you were real, but I wasn't going to risk it. I could feel you and what I was feeling, it wasn't good." 

"Thank you," he looked up at me, "really." I nodded my head and stood up, walking to the edge of the cave. 

"Can you go back home?" I turned and asked him. He looked down at the ground and slowly shook his head. 

"He banished me," he sighed, "he cracked and told me I wasn't allowed to be there anymore. He unchained me after over a week and told me I had five minutes to get out and that I couldn't return or he'd put me down. He left me there and I don't know how the hell I did it but I got out. It was the first time I had been outside in a while and he placed a damn spell that confused me. Every sound echoed around me. I could hear my mom crying, it was horrible. Then I felt a horrible pain in my head and assumed my five minutes was almost up so I headed into the woods. I found my way here and I've been here since."