7

CYPRUS POV

It's been a couple days since Justin and Jace found me and brought me to their home. It's been nice here, they're good people. I can tell Kira is the alpha, she's the tribred. Kai and Esme are twins, I can tell the similarities and Kira is their younger sister. 

Justin and Esme are together, Rowan and Kai, and Kira is witch Jace. Supposedly him and Kira come from a broken home. Justin, I couldn't imagine going through what he's been through. Then there's Kai and Rowan, they spent years in a mental health facility only to be tortured and tormented their entire stay. Everyone here has a story, everyone has been through something. 

It makes me feel like not such an outsider. I've regained all my strength, been able to actually sleep. I've been having these nightmares of my dad and my mom but I don't want to say anything, I don't want the attention on me. I decided to roll out of bed, 8:31am. I walked out of the room and headed downstairs. The smell of cinnamon rolls filled my nostrils. 

"Goodmorning," Kira's voice rang in my ears, "how are you?" 

"I'm okay," I yawned, "how are you?" 

"Doing good," she smiled, "breakfast?" 

"Uh sure," I nodded. She grabbed a plate and held it out, I took it from her, "thank you."

"You're welcome," she said, "anyone else awake up there?" 

"I'm not sure," I shook my head, "I can head back up and see if you want?" 

"No it's okay," she stated, "I'll go up." She walked by me and I started to eat. It tasted so good, delicious. I'm thankful for them... they came at the worst possible time and helped me. Justin helped me. I finished the plate by the time she has come back down. "So you're a witch and a wolf?" she asked. 

"Yes," I nodded, "my mom and dad-- I guess not my blood dad-but, the two of them are witches. My mother... she must have went behind my fathers back, that's why I am a wolf. My real father is a wolf."

"Have you ever met him?" she questioned. 

I shook my head, "no. I didn't know about this until I triggered the curse. That's when the truth came out. My father, he took it hard. The night I triggered it, the same night he found out the truth, he looked at me differently. I was no longer his son, I was the demon inside his sons body. He wouldn't listen to me. He tried to beat it out of me. Finally he stopped and he made me leave, banished me. He told me if he saw me, if I came back or anything he'd put me down. It was sad. I was sad, I still am. I miss them, they were my family. When I got out into the woods that's when I realized my powers were no more." She wrapped her arms around me slowly and I leaned into her. 

"I'm sorry," she whispered as she rubbed my back, "Jace went through the same thing, me too. My adopted dad, John, he tormented me. He tormented all of us. Jace's adopted dad, Ron, he abused him as well. He was also trying to break the wolf curse from him." 

"My dad said something about my mom possibly finding a lead to getting rid of it," I sighed, "I don't know how true that is." 

"Did he tell you what it was?" she asked. I shook my head. 

"No," I said, "all he said was that she was possibly close to finding something."

"I know this might sound weird," she pulled back and looked at me, "but what did your parents look like?" 

"My father, his name is Daniel Rite. He's got brown hair, brown eyes, about 6 foot," I explained, "my mother, her name is Amanda Rite. She's got blonde hair, blue eyes. May I ask why?" 

"Well I assume you've heard me talk about the stones?" she asked. I nodded my head. "So rumor has it there are two stone. The flaming stone, making the vampires slaves to the sun and the Crescent stone, making the wolves servants of the moon. The stones have the power to kill me, Esme and Kai which also means they have the power to kill our children. They are the only things that hold that power so we are trying to find them. Now, I had a nightmare a couple days ago. In this nightmare I had three visions, one of a woman with the Flaming stone. Another with a man and woman, she was screaming at him about another person, I assume the two of them are your parents but I can't be sure. The third was a woman, she was holding what looked like the Crescent stone. She looked like the woman from the second vision but I wasn't able to see her face."