28

AELIA POV

It was dark...cold. My entire body felt numb now, I couldn't feel my legs, my hands, my feet... nothing. I was tired but I know if I stop moving... I'm as good as dead. I have to find somewhere to go.. I- I am so so tired. I leaned against a tree for a second and started to feel drops of rain his my face. 

"Awesome," I breathed out harshly, "fucking awesome." I pushed myself up and started walking again, "just find somewhere to go, you can do that." As I walked I could hear what sounded like cars but it sounded like they were all around me, I couldn't tell where they were coming from. "Someone!" I decided to yell, maybe someone could hear me, "is anyone out there! Hello!" The rain got heavier and I found a tree that I could slid myself into. The ground underneath was damp but no soaked so I know it can protect from the elements a little bit. I wasn't a fan of the needles though. 

I leaned back against the trunk of the tree and took a deep breath, smiling small. I made it out, I did it. I made it and no one can follow me to this point. The darker it got the colder it became and.. I need to move. I have to move. I slid out from under the tree. I felt a bit better but I was still tired man, I did not want to keep going. The only thing keeping me going is the fact that if I'm going to die, I'm dying on my own terms, not because some maniacs have had me held captive for like.. I don't know the last 6 months of my life. What month is it anyhow? I mean, winter obviously but I was taken in there in the beginning of spring. April, I think I was taken by that vampire in April. 

Not only have they held me captive, I've had blood drawn, I've been beaten till I could barely stand to breathe anymore. Then I made a friend, Gage. He was the only person who was nice to me, saw me as a human and not an object. He was there for me, he listened to me and I listened to him. I liked him... but then he was taken from me. That- that man ripped his heart from his chest right in front of me. It still plays in my mind pretty consistently, it's heartbreaking every single time. 

I suddenly heard a howl and I snapped my head up and froze. I took a few steps forward and quickly tucked myself back into the tree. I watched as the wind covered my tracks in snow almost immediately so I pulled myself in as far as I could and watched. Through the trees I saw yellow eyes glow and I just held my breath. A wolf walked out, it was- it was huge, all brown. It looked around and even looked directly at the tree I was in but then walked away. I pushed my head against the tree trunk and pulled the branches slowly to try and find the moon. 

Full. Great. Looks like I'm stuck here till morning. 

I slowly stuck my hands out and grabbed snow, placing it over the cut on my legs. It stung but the coldness brought some relief. I then grabbed another handful and started to eat it. Water. I need something, anything. I can't tell you how many I ate. 

---------------------------------------

By morning I was more than exhausted. I couldn't sleep last night, with the fear of those wolves finding me combined with the simple fact that I might just not wake up, I wasn't sleeping. I looked out and saw the sun rising in the sky, the moon was no where to be seen. I slowly pushed myself out from in the tree and stood fully. I slowly stretched but even that hurt. I started to walk again, nothing but trees surrounded me for miles. I feel hopeless. I have no idea where I am, I'm clearly in wolf territory.. that's just asking for trouble. I continued to walk in a straight line, it'll get me somewhere won't it. 

"Who are you?" a voice asked from behind me. 

"I- I promise I don't want any trouble," my voice was shaky, "I- I'm lost."

"Who are you?" she asked again. 

"A-Aelia," I said, "Aelia Harlow. I- I'm lost and I need help getting out of here."