59

RHOSYN POV                                                                            *Above Photo Credit: Photographer Unknown*

"Rose get up!" my mom screamed downstairs, "get up! Get up! Get up! Get up!" 

"I'm up!" I yelled back down and then went to a whisper, "god I hate this place." I rolled out of bed and walked out of my room to the bathroom. I bushed my hair and tossed it up in a pony tail before brushing my teeth. 

"Rhosyn!" she screamed again, "get your fucking ass down here!"

Oh my god. 

I angrily spun around and walked out of the bathroom, heading downstairs. I could already smell the alcohol on her and I was atleast ten six feet away, "yes mom?" 

"We're leaving this house today," she took the cigarette from her lips, "get your shit packed up." 

"I know," I turned back around, "I had it ready la-"

"Don't back talk me!" she yelled. I watched her beer bottle smash into the wall right next to me, causing me flinch and cover my face. I quickly ran up to my room and shut my door. Ever since my dad was convicted of murder she's been losing it. I'm almost convinced she took part in everything, considering how she acts. It used to be just from my dad. He's always hit me, more so when he was drunk or high.  

I started to stack all the boxes outside my door and managed to take down my bed. I heard the moving trucks beeping as they backed up the house. 

"Rose let's go!" she yelled, "they can do the rest!" I looked around my room for a second before walking out the door and down the stairs. We walked out and she climbed into the car. I looked at the house. "Rose!" she snapped, "Jesus come the fuck on!" I climbed into the front seat and put my seatbelt on quickly. She pulled out of the driveway and we started driving. 

I'm a senior and I am so bummed to be switching school. I've been in Elmway my entire life and no I have to switch over.. this sucks. I'm nervous. I already didn't have a ton of friends at school anymore because of my dad but atleast the jokes and teasing were starting to die down...if I come to this school and they put it together... it starts all over. 

"You start school tomorrow at Rosedale High," she coughed nastily, "I'll drive you tomorrow morning." 

"Okay," I nodded. 

"What do you say!" she snapped. 

"Thank you," I flinched, "sorry mom.. my head is just off right now." 

"How do you think mine is?" she asked aggressively, "dealing with your ass, your fathers dumb ass and all this other shit with the house. I'm over it. Ready to be by myself." I looked at her for a few seconds. As much as I don't want to be around her anymore... it still kinda hurts knowing she doesn't want me around either. I feel like I do everything I can for her... I decided to just stay quiet for the rest of the drive, listening to the wind hitting the car. 

After about an hour we arrived in Rosedale. She turned down a road with no sign and then I saw it... Green Glenn. What the hell is Green Glenn? Where are we going? As we drove farther we passed through an opening. It looked like a gated community. We continued down the road driving through a small town area before pulling down a driveway. She pulled down to a house, it was smaller but didn't look too bad. She parked the car and the two of us got out, I followed her to the door and into the house. 

"Start cleaning," she coughed as she lit another cigarette, "the broom is right there." 

"But could I-" I went to ask. 

"Shut up and clean!" she smacked my face, "don't back talk me! Clean!" I quickly made my way to the broom and started to sweep the kitchen. I just wanted to look around before hand, see where everything is. I swept for what felt like forever and finally I had finished all the rooms with hard flooring. The moving trucks pulled into the driveway and I walked outside with my mom.