39

CYPRUS POV

I caught his fist in my hand before he was able to hit her and his eyes met mine. I pushed him backwards and watched him stumble. He stood up quickly and a smile spread across his face. 

"You like her don't you?" he laughed, "you want her? Well that's too bad, I've got her." I threw my left hand out, hitting his face. He looked at me again and it was one. The two of us started going at it. I know I can win, I could end this right now but something is telling me not to. 

"You were gonna hit her?" I grabbed his shirt in my fists, "you think she deserves that!" 

"I know she does," he hit my face, rolling us over, "she can't listen, she does nothing but complain!" He stood up and I felt his boot drill my side. She cried out in the background but her voice was too fuzzy, I was too angry. I stood up and picked him up by his shirt. 

"She doesn't!" I threw his body down into the ground. I watched the air leave his lungs and he laid on the ground coughing. He rolled forward and I threw another punch, hitting his jaw. He fell back again but looked at me. He spit and then suddenly lunged forward, taking me back to the ground. 

"Stop!" she cried out, "stop it! Stop!"

I snapped my attention to her and felt his fist make contact with my face. I hit the ground and everything was slow motion. I looked up and saw her staring at me, her face was soaked with tears. She was talking but I couldn't hear her over the ringing in my ears. I watched her turn her attention to someone else, Flint I assume. Fear consumed her and I watched him grab her shirt in his fists, she was crying hysterically trying to get away. I let out a growl that I didn't mean to let out which made the two of them look at me. I stood up slowly and started towards him. He pushed her backwards but I managed to grab her hand before she fell, keeping her on her feet. 

Smooth move Cyprus. Good catch. Lets end this now. I'm over it. 

I threw my right hand around, hitting his side and threw my left hand up, hitting the underside of his jaw. I heard his jaw crack as he fell backwards onto the ground. I looked at him for a few seconds and looked back at Anna. Fear was written all over her face, sadness too. "Come here," I spoke gently, "come here, it's okay, come here." She set her hand in mine and I slowly pulled her to me. "Your shoulder," I noticed it right away, how it wasn't right and it wasn't in place, "I can fix it for you? It'll hurt but I can fix it." She nodded her head without saying a word and I put my hands in place. "Okay, one... two..." I quickly pushed and she cried out but it was back in place. "Are you okay?" I asked. 

I couldn't take my eyes off her. He hurt her so bad... 

I slowly pushed the hood off the hat covering her face and then slowly removed the hat from her head. That was when I saw the full extent. Bruises covered her eyes, there was a deep cut above her eyebrow, I could see the blood stains from what looks like a nose bleed and her lip was busted open. I could see his finger marks all around her neck, and her arms were covered in cuts and discoloration as well. She looked up at me, her eyes were still so fucking gorgeous. I could see the tears puddling in them and just wrapped her in my arms, slowly but tightly. She sobbed into my shoulder and I slowly rubbed her back. 

"It's okay," I breathed out, "it's okay. I'm gonna get you out of here okay? I have to do something, show you something. I need you to stay calm, okay?" She pulled back and looked at me confused but nodded her head. "Okay," I breathed, "okay we're doing this. I picked her up and started to walk farther into the woods. 

"Wh-where are we going?" she asked. 

"I have to get away from the party," I carried her, "just a bit further." A few minutes went by and I set her back down, walking a few feet from her.