49

ESME POV

"Esme!" I woke up and sat up quickly when I heard my name get called. I looked around. "Esme! wake up!"

"What's going on?" Justin rolled over. 

"I don't know," I stood up, "something isn't right." I ran out of my room to see Kai. Fear covered his face and I just ran down to him. 

"What's wrong?" I asked, "what happened?" 

"Lil-Lillith is missing," he blurted out shakily, "she-she was taken. Jace and Kira are out looking everywhere, I-" 

He was still talking but everything just became inaudible. I felt like I was moving in slow motion. 

"Esme!" he yelled. It made me snap back and I just stared into his eyes before taking off back up the stairs. 

"Justin!" I cried out, "Justin get up! Cyprus wake up! Get up now!" I ran into Cades room to see him sitting up in bed. I let out a breath of relief and just wrapped him in my arms. 

"What's wrong mom?" he asked. 

"Nothing sweetie," I smiled, "nothing at all." I pulled back and set my hand on his cheek. He stared into my eyes. 

"You're lying again," he pouted, "why are you lying? What happened? You look scared." 

"You don't need to worry about it," I shook my head, "you are safe, you're going to stay safe. Come on." I grabbed his hand and the two of us walked out. Cyprus and Justin were downstairs and I could tell that Kai already had them up to speed. "Go to Kira's," I pointed, "let's go." The five of us made our way to Kira's quickly. Rowan was awake and downstairs already, he looked confused. I guess he doesn't know what's going on. 

"Where is everyone?" he asked, "the stove was left on." 

"You're watching Cade and Fen," I stepped in, "I'm putting a barrier spell on the house, no one is coming in and no one is coming out. Where's Aelia?" 

"I-I don't think-" Rowan started to talk. 

"She's upstairs," Kai cut him off, "but she's locked in her room. She-" 

"Well she's about to come out," I took off up the stairs and could hear them bickering downstairs. I gave no mind to it as I started to bang on Aelia's door. "Aelia," I knocked, "Aelia are you awake?" 

Nothing. 

"Aelia answer me," I knocked more, "Lilly is missing! Get up!" I heard the lock on the door unlock and the door opened. She was standing on the side of her bed. 

"Lilly is missing?" she asked, "what do you mean she's missing?" 

I couldn't believe what I saw. She was so.. pale. Her eyes were dark and sunk in. 

"Aelia," I breathed out as I stepped towards her, "honey..." 

"What happened to her?" she walked towards me, her hand wrapped around her necklace, "did she run off?" 

"Someone took her," I shook my head, "they snuck into her room-" She walked right past me and headed into Lilly and Fens room. I followed her and watched as she sat on the ground, her hands held out. 

"What are you-" I started to ask but was quickly cut off. 

"Shh," she snipped at me. I covered my mouth and I watched the necklace start to glow. 

"What's going o-" Kai whispered but stopped talking once he saw her. 

She started to chant but I couldn't even make it out. I could see her mouth moving but I heard no words, I could tell Kai couldn't hear her either. After a few seconds her hands fell to the ground and her eyes shot open. 

"He took her," she looked right at Kai, "he came and took her."

"Who?" he asked, "who took her?" 

"The- the vampire," she shook her head. I could tell she was scared, "I- I think I can find him." She stood up and pushed by us. I just looked at Kai, he looked straight at me. 

"She isn't healthy," I shook my head, "she can't fight." 

"I'm fine," she said loudly, "come on!" I heard the door open and shut, me and Kai looked at each other for a couple more seconds before he took off after her. I ran downstairs, Cyprus and Justin stood. 

"Go," I nodded, "follow them. I'm putting a barrier up and I'll be headed that way, I'll catch up. Promise." Cyprus nodded and took off, Justin walked to me and kissed me before doing the same. 

"She didn't look good," Rowan shook his head. 

"No she didn't," I sighed, "but hopefully this will turn that around. Don't leave, don't try to leave. Everyone is on lock down, understand?" Cade and Fen nodded their heads, I walked out and shut the door before taking a few steps back and holding my hands up. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JACE POV

"Lilly!" I roared out as I ran, "Lilly!" 

"Lillith!" Kira barked, "where are you!" 

My mind was freaking out, my body was freaking out. I couldn't think straight. Someone came in and took my daughter? Who the fuck took my daughter and where are they at!

I watched a bubble form in the middle of thin air and Aelia stepped out causing me to stop in my tracks. Kira did the same and within a couple minutes Cyprus, Kai and Esme all showed up. 

"I know who has her," Aelia nodded, "I could see him when I performed my spell, it was the man who took me." 

"Where is he?" Kira stepped forward, shifting back to a human. 

"I- I don't know," Aelia shook her head, "I tried to perform a locator spell but it didn't work." 

I believe that, look at her... she looks so sick and tired. She probably doesn't have the strength to do the spell.

Kira put her hands in her hair and started to pace back and forth, "what are we gonna do? How are we supposed to find her? I-"

"It's okay," I linked with her, taking a step towards her. She didn't pay any attention to it but hey... I tried. 

"Okay calm down," she shook her head, "everyone, human form please. Lock hands, we're gonna give her our power, us witches can enhance it." I shifted into a human and made my way to them, all of us stood hand in hand in a circle. I heard Kira, Esme and Kai all start to chant and then I felt the tension. The wind blew in all different directions and it was blowing hard, the thunder clashed and when the lighting struck in the middle of us it caused us all to fall backwards, losing our grip. 

"Aelia?" Kira immediately sat up, "Aelia did you get something? Please tell me you got-"

"This way," she stood. She looked like a robot, like her body wasn't hers anymore. She started to run and everyone looked around at each other. 

"Come on," I nodded, "she knows something, whatever it is. We have to follow her." Kira looked at me for a few seconds, tears were in her eyes. She shifted and we all followed her steps. "It'll be okay," I linked with her, "we'll find her."