68

AELIA POV

She wasn't at school today and I didn't see her on my run after school. Maybe I'll see her later... I hope she's okay. I can't help but wonder made her face so swollen and red. I know I shouldn't get myself involved, I know it's dangerous but something is pulling me to her. I don't know what it is but I want to talk to her, I want to spend time with her and just... exist with her ya know.

"Aelia dinner is done," Kai knocked on my door. 

"Be down in a second," I spoke gently as I slid out of bed. I put my diary down and headed downstairs to the kitchen table. 

"Hey do you know when he's gonna wake up?" he asked. 

"Not a clue," I shook my head, "Lilly will though. I think she said one or two days." 

"Okay," he nodded, "so any time now. Hey where is she anyways?" 

"With her friend Sonia," Kira set plates out, "she's staying the night there. She's been hounding me about it." 

"Sonia?" I asked, "does she like her?" 

"I think it's just yearbook," she nodded, "Fen come on!" He came downstairs and the five of us sat around and started to eat. 

"So Justin is a pack leader huh?" Kai asked. 

"Wait what?" I questioned, "what do you mean? What does he mean?" 

"There was a bit of a ruckus today, caused Nick Edon and Justin to fight," Kira explained, "Justin won so yes technically he is alpha. He's giving each pack member the choice to submit or banishment from the land. He should be heading over there soon if he hasn't already."

"What happens if they submit?" I asked, "is he like in charge of them or something?" 

"Kind of," Jace nodded, "he'll just take over as their alpha, the ones who submit can stay on the land. He'll probably leave them at that cave unless they choose to come back here, in which case we will have to make room." 

"How many wolves are in the pack?" I asked, "how many do you think will come back?" 

"Not a clue," Kira shook her head, "he said he thinks atleast one or two but no one really knows." 

"I'm thinking most of them," Jace intervened, "I think most of those wolves are going to leave Nick and go to Justin. Justin is overall a better leader than he is so." 

"That's true," Kai nodded, "very true."

"So how's school?" Kira asked, "for both of you?" 

"Boring," Fen shook his head, "best part is football to be honest. I find out if I make the team tomorrow." 

"That's awesome bud," Jace nodded, "I'm glad you atleast found a sport. It'll be good for you. Why don't you like the school part of it?" 

"I don't like the paperwork," he shook his head, "it's boring and I'm always tired." 

"Well you have to keep up the grades in order to play," I chimed in. 

"I know that Aelia," he rolled his eyes. I couldn't help myself, I have to mess with him a little bit. I mean we're basically cousins so, it's fine. 

"Do you think you'll make the team?" Kira asked. 

"Yeah," he nodded, "I think so. I've made friends with just about everyone on the JV team." 

"JV?" Jace asked, "interesting, not freshman?" 

"Coach said I needed to progress," he explained, "on day two. So I was put into the JV tryouts. I overheard the coach talking to the varsity coach but I don't think I can play on there because I'm a freshman."