16

KIRA POV

I started to run towards them once I heard the man tell the witches to take Rowan's life. I watched as the three of them walked to his body, picking it up and placing her hands on his head. 

"NO!" I threw my hands forward, sending a gust of wind in their direction. I watched the four of them fall back to the ground. I ran down, me and Esme were able to take down the barrier together. I was able to put them in a motionless spell, this should give us enough time to grab them and run. 

I grabbed Kai as Justin grabbed Rowan and we took off running. I felt a stinging in my head and I fell to the ground, Kai did as well. 

"What's wrong?" Esme spun around. 

"Go!" I yelled, "get him and go!" She looked at me for a few seconds before grabbing Kai and running. I cried out as I grabbed my head. I heard them getting closer and closer, their voices growing louder. The pain in my head was becoming stronger and more immense, I could feel the blood running from my ears. I felt someone wrap their arms around me and like that I was gone. "Jace?" I asked, "wh-what are you-you doing here?" 

"Relax," he ran, "thank me later." I watched the smirk form on his face and I just shut my eyes. We were home within minutes and Jace and I walked in. He set me down on the couch before falling on top of me. I grunted but started to giggle as I wrapped my arms around him. 

"Thank you," I whispered.

"That was a joke," he pulled back and looked at me, "I wasn't going to let you guys go out there alone. Not after what happened with me. You guys left and I followed. I stood back, I told myself to stay out of the way. I wasn't expecting things to move so fast." 

"I know," I nodded, "I wasn't either. It was just luck that he was already out and Kai was right by the entrance. Don't know what I would have done had you not gotten me. Really, thank you." He smiled and pressed his lips against mine. I slowly slid up and looked around. 

"Kai and Rowan are upstairs," Esme walked over to me, "he was in pretty rough shape, Rowan was."

"What happened?" I asked, "is he okay?" 

She nodded her head, "Kai healed him once we got here. He said he had a metal rod or something shoved through his stomach, but he's healed and Kai took him upstairs. I assume they're showering." She pointed up towards the ceiling and I focused my hearing, listening to the water run upstairs.

"Justin? Cyprus?" I asked. 

"Also upstairs," she sighed as she moved to the other couch, "he's up there talking to him." 

"I imagine he's a bit shook up about what happened with his parents today?" I looked at her. 

She nodded her head slowly, "yeah.. it did something to him. I think he's more sad than anything. Daniel was going to kill him..." 

"I know," I shook my head, "and he made it known. Thank god Justin stopped him." She nodded her head and I slowly stood to my feet. I walked into the kitchen where I grabbed a drink and stood, looking around the house. 

"Where are the babies?" I questioned, "upstairs sleeping?" She nodded her head again and I headed up there. I walked through the door and looked over them as the three laid there silently. I walked over to Cade, placing my hand on his cheek. I moved to Lilly and Fen, doing the same. This way they know we're home. I walked out and saw Justin. 

"Hey," he smiled as he walked towards me, "you okay?" 

"Are you?" I asked, "Cyprus?" 

"Can you worry about you for a change?" he chuckled, "we're okay. We're safe, because of you, so just, focus on getting better yourself. Okay?"