56

AELIA POV

I woke up to my alarm going off.

UGH. Monday. 

I rolled out of bed and let out a moan as I stood up. I walked to the bathroom and threw my hair up in a pony. I put on some mascara and put on my hat, pulling my hair through. I grabbed my jacket and threw it on before pulling my skinny jeans up. I grabbed my boots and slid them over my feet, zipping them up.

I miss Des. I'd give anything to get her back. It's been a little over a month now since she's passed and it is no easier. I still call her, still text her. Whoever has her phone is probably annoyed as hell. I just miss her... 

I grabbed my backpack and unplugged my phone before heading downstairs. 

"Goodmorning," Kira smiled, "how are you?" 

"I'm fine," I sighed, "about to head out." 

"Here," she spun and tossed me an apple, "eat it. Have a good day at school." 

"Doubtful," I raised my hand as I walked out of the house, "bye!" I shut the door and started to walk to school. 

"Aelia!" Cyprus yelled behind me, "wait up I'm coming!" 

"Where's Anna?" I asked. 

"She had a study group this morning," he nodded, "so we left like an hour and a half ago." I nodded. "Hey how are you doing?" he asked, "we haven't talked much. I wanted to thank you for getting me out of there, wouldn't have been possible without you." 

"Nah," I shook my head, "Kira would have figured out a way, she always does." 

"Yeah they all do," he nodded, "but seriously, you were the biggest strength out there. You kept all of those witches down once you were able to get ahold of them." 

"I just wanted to get us all out of there," I shook my he head again as we walked, "it was pretty hard seeing you like that. I'm glad you're okay. How's she doing?"

"How are you doing?" he rebuttled, "enough about me and everyone else. How are you?" 

"Good," I nodded, "I'm good."

"You're lying," he looked up at the sky, his hands in his pockets, "feel free to tell the truth." 

I looked at him for a few seconds before swallowing and nodding, "fine. I want to die. I don't want to be alive anymore, I've come so close to just ending things. Gabe died, he died trying to protect me. Des, she was my girlfriend, my first real girlfriend and she died right in front of me. What's worse, she died choking on my blood because he forced me to drink vervain. She died because of me and it haunts me everyday. It kills me, everyday."

Things were silent for awhile but he finally spoke, First off, it wasn't your fault she died. Second, I don't know what it's like to lose a friend but I know what's it like to feel like you have no one. Like you're alone. You're not alone, I'm here for you and Kai and Rowan and Kira.. the kiddos, we're all here."

"You don't get it," I shook my head, "I don't feel alone, I am alone." I snapped my fingers, cloaking myself completely.

"Really Aelia?" Cyprus threw his hands up, "this won't get you anywhere. You're my friend, you're family to me. I'm here for you." I stood a few feet away from him and when he finally left and started to walk to school, I kept a close distance. When we got there I uncloaked myself and started to walk.

"Just gotta get through today," I sighed as I walked through the main doors. I felt everyone's eyes on me as I walked down the hall to my locker. I grabbed out my books and started towards class. I heard whispers as I walked.