67

CADE POV

"Hey mom do you know where Cyprus is?" I walked inside as I got home from school, "I gotta show him something." 

"No I don't bud," she shook her head, "I haven't seen him since this morning." 

This morning? Why would be gone all day? I headed upstairs to my room, shutting my door and grabbing my phone. 

Me: Hey, Cy, where ya at? I have to show you something. 

I set my phone down and got on my tv to play some video games and unwind before I started on homework. After about an hour I checked my phone to see no response still. This isn't like him, even if he's with Anna. I'll just text her then.

Me: Anna, is Cy with you. 

Anna: No, he said he was staying home today. Oh I remember him saying something about training, maybe hunting too. Why is everything okay? 

Me: I don't know yet. Mom said she hasn't seen him since this morning and he hasn't answered my text yet, that's why I hit you up. 

Anna: Yeah... he hasn't answered to any of mine either. I hope he's okay, I'll call him.

Me: Okay, maybe I will too and just see what happens. 

I let out a sigh but stood up and headed downstairs. I saw mom and dad sitting on the couch, they were watching some tv show and drinking. "Hey so it might be  nothing but Anna hasn't heard from Cyprus all day and he hasn't texted me back," I blurted out. I don't want him to get in trouble but I don't want him to be in any trouble either. 

"How long did you text him ago?" dad asked me. 

"About an hour," I said, "Anna said she was going to call him." 

"Call him," mom demanded, "call him now." I did as she said, dialing his number and putting him on speaker phone. 

"Little brother huh?" a mans voice answered the phone. Immediately dad took the phone from me. 

"Where is he?" he asked angrily, "where's Cyprus?" Mom came over and pulled me to the side. 

"What's happening?" I asked, "who-who is that?" 

"I don't know," she said. Lies. She's lying. I just stared at her. "Oh god fine, it's Nick," she explained, "Nick Edon. He's the alpha of the pack on the other side of the gate. The one who has been causing all the issues recently." 

"What issues?" I asked. 

She looked at me and then at dad as he sat on the phone, "he didn't talk to you and Cyprus?" 

"No," I shook my head, "was he supposed to?" 

"Yes," she nodded. 

"Where is he!" dad roared, "Nick I swear to god if you hurt him!"

"He trespassed on our land and he isn't part of our pack, he was hunting on my land," Nick roared through the other line. 

"Let him go," he growled, "let him go or things are going to get real ugly." 

"Let them," he laughed before hanging up the phone. Dad looked at me and then at mom. 

"Stay here," he demanded. 

"No," Esme shook her head, "what are you doing? What are you thinking?" 

"I'm challenging him," he said, "and I'm gonna win." 

"What?" she asked nervously, "Justin think about this. Think about it! What happens if you lose huh?" 

"I won't," he shook his head, "because I know his pack will step in. They won't follow the rules and that gives me all the leverage I need."