This Isn't Prom

Cara's POV

My living room was quite spacious. Our beige walls were plastered with family portraits, pictures and a flat screen TV. Underneath the TV was a dull fireplace that was inactive for the last two years. On the opposite side of the room was a bamboo lamp and a wooden mini table with magazines.

Right beside the couch, was a sliding door, giving you access to freedom. It had a magnificent view of the purple and dark blue sky, accompanied by the lime green grass underneath. It always seemed like a perfect painting to me.

Sitting side by side on my brown leather sofa, my knees pointed towards Hayes' slumped figure. I studied his heaving chest, which expanded and collapsed every few seconds. His attempt to return to his normal state wasn't very successful, because his eyes were solely focused on the ground and his hands were wrapped together creating a knot with his own fingers. He, unlike me, sat with his knees pointed towards the unlit fire place. The chocolates were placed on my left side and the doughnuts were on Hayes' side. Both unopened.

He constantly scrunched his lips, and chewed inside his cheek. Gnawing and ripping at it.

I joined my soft hand with his sweaty palm. His body was motionless though, fiddling with my thin fingers and smiling widely.   

"You spent a long time planing that I bet," I scotched closer. A smirk  tugged at the edges of his lips, and his eyes landed directly on mine.

We leaned into each other, and I teasingly stopped when we were centimeters apart. His aroma filled my nostrils, and I took control of the kiss. When our lips connected, a fire ignited inside of the pit of my stomach. We moved in sync, my arms snaked around his shoulders. This kiss lasted rather long, when I sensed his hands cupping my face as he applied more pressure onto my curious lips. I smiled against his wanting lips, ending our kiss.

I scrunched my lips together, savoring what ever lingering taste there was. Trying to conceal a giggle, I placed my hands onto my mouth. My mouth was still flaming, I imagined there were sparks igniting inside of me. I felt alive. As if electricity flowed through my veins when we made contact.

I couldn't stop grinning. My heart race didn't return to my resting pulse.

"I missed you," his voice croaked.

"What?" My curiosity evoked, ending my enchantment spell.

"I missed you being in my arms for the last week. Missed kissing you like the way we just did," he confessed without regret. His calm tone soothed my ears, earning him a peck on the lips.

"I missed seeing your red cheeks whenever I kissed you like that." I admitted.

He laughed.

"Whatever."

For a couple silent moments, we independently thought of how far we came. At least, I was. I reminisced of our endless memories that were- would be forever remembered.

Its once in a life time that someone you've held onto for so long, actually stays. Actually grows to love you more and more each day. Strengthening the love you share so close to your heart.

I snugged into Hayes' strong neck, facing him. I grinned against his skin, enjoying how snuggly it felt on my nose. His arms snaked around me, wrapping me closer to him. This was perfect. Everything was perfect.

Perfect...  Perfect..

"Perfect doesn't exist. " I thought when I heard footsteps, multiple footsteps, croak down the stairs. I unwired myself from Hayes' arms, and the smug look was immediately wiped off from his beautiful face. For a second, I saw a glimpse of  sadness in his eyes. Refocusing, I grabbed the remote and turned the TV on. Girly giggles arose from the TV.