Chapter 15: Truth

Hayes'POV:

Friday afternoon's scenario replays over and over in my mind.

A nightmare.

I've called Cara 53 times, and texted her 32 times over the last two days.

Truthfully speaking, I didn't cheat on Cara.

Before that whole messy problem, I missed her, and I wanted to do something nice. She had me whipped, constantly on my mind.

I called Claire and asked if she could come over and give me advice.

Girls don't say the same things to their boyfriends compared to their normal girl friends, right? Claire can teach me all I needed to know

**** Flashback to Two Days ago ********

"So I'll see you in an half an hour?" I questioned Claire on the phone

"Yeah," she answered happily.

I was eager to surprise Cara, and Claire was gonna teach me all I needed to know.

Cara was my one and only weakness.

She made my stomach drop, the moment I laid eyes on her.

Can you imagine what power she possessed over me?

I felt a multitude of butterflies swarm around in my stomach whenever we kissed.

Fireworks filled my ears, while my heart raced, competing with the butterflies in my stomach. Who can make Hayes faint first?

Ding dong.

I opened the door, greeting Claire with a hug. Her powerful perfume scented the entire room, following her every move. Honestly, her perfume smelt like garbage.

Ewww..

"Okay here's whatcha need to know, boy" she said guiding me to my couch.

"First things first-" she said sitting on my couch

"Cara adores you, she's crazy for you," she stated with a reassuring smile.

Ifelt tingles go up and down my spine. Cara was crazy for me? Yesssss.

As I sat down next to Claire, I said, "Great, what else should I do to make her feel special?"

As she contemplated, her eyes darted around my living room.

I did the same, getting lost in thought.

But her lips crashed into mine.

At first I was confused and unaware of what happened

The moment I snapped into reality. The moment I was about to pull away, I hear the door squeak open.

My eyes gazed upon Cara.

I'm too speechless to talk, but she stands there. As my jaw droops, my blue eyes pop out.

Greattt now I look like I cheated.

She runs away, as I get up to chase after her, Claire yanks me back.

I unlatch her from my arm and angrily shout, "WHY DID YOU DO THAT TO ME?"

Rnning out the door, the streets are vacant and silent.

But I run as fast as I can to Cara's house.

She means so much to me. I don't want to loose her

****** Flash back ends ********

I haven't seen her since.

She never answered the door to her house, yesterday, and when I came over today her mother dismissed me home.

Cara is "sick".

But I need to talk to her. I need to see her.

Explain and convince her I didn't cheat. Why would I cheat on her ? SHES A GIFT, I'LL NEVER RETURN.

"Ugh I can't take it!" I shout pounding my fists on the table.

Ouch that hurt.

Real boyfriends don't hurt their girlfriend {Authors note: Actual quote from Hayes}

Now I feel like a douche, she probably hates me.

Wishes to kill me in cold blood. Women.

If she only knew. If she only knew.

The thought if her sets me off into a daydream, her presence sets a smile on my face, one simple hug makes me go to wonderland.

But an evil name tiptoes in the back of my head, Claire.

Out of all people I despise, I hate her. She ripped up Cara and I's relationship in a split second.

Leaving me heartbrokened, and leaving Cara devastated.

Hear me out Cara.

As if God was listening to my prayer, my phone rings with

Incoming Call: Babe

displayed with Cara's photo.