Worst Mistake

The spark? Still there, I don't think it'll ever disappear. The jittery chills? Still paralyzed by them. The feeling? Indescribable. All our memories we've shared fluttered through my mind, awakening the past. 

My face flushed red from embarrassment, and my heart quickly started beating faster and faster, almost as fast as my racing mind.

Half of me was satisfied with my action. while the other half regretted every single thing I'd just done.  What did I do?

"I- I- you... I'm at a loss for words," he stuttered, entwining our fingers together. "Let go," my gut told me, "Stop you don't even have your act together!"

My heart screamed loud and clear,"All you've ever wanted was Hayes!" Once again, I felt completely shattered by my mistake.

Was it even a mistake? Its what I wanted. Is what I want a mistake? Is Hayes a mistake?

"Baby, are you okay?" he asked clutching my hand tighter.

The sound of his voice gave me chills. Unanswered questions filled my mind, and the fear of all the possible events that could unravel from me kissing him, overtook my body.

"Mind over matter," I muttered. I took a moment to recollect and reorganize my thoughts, while we continued walking.

"You know I missed you a lot," he whispered with his head down.

"I missed you too."

I missed you too.

*******

Thank God Veronica was in my last 2 periods. She kept me sane, because at least I have somebody I can't talk to. In that moment, during my world history introduction lesson,  that the only person I could rely on was Veronica.

I was drowning in my thoughts, being consumed by Hayes. Veronica always supported me, and in this moment was the moment I needed her the most.

Can somebody please hear me? Can somebody see me? I'm so lost and oblivious to everything.

Does Hayes think I'm easy? Not a challenge, like he doesn't have to work hard for me?

Here I am straight out of the blue kissing him.

I felt a vibration touch against my skin, revealing that I had an unread from, you know who. Hayes.

But his contact name says otherwise.
From Stupid Love Boy: Can't stop thinking about you <3. After we broke up, I changed his name to Stupid Lover Boy, because even after all the screaming and heartache, I still cared and l-l-lo-liked him.

I giggled and quickly covered my mouth, hoping my teacher didn't see.

From Stupid Lover Boy: ;* 

This boy doesn't know when to quit.