Savoir

With my beating heart, millimeters away from jumping out my skin, I was swooped away.

"There you are!" Veronica shrieked, "I've been looking for you everywhere!" I was saved by Veronica. Wait!

Veronica? "I thought you were going to the other high school?"  She shakes her head in disagreement. She's inches closer to me and whispers, "Hayes coming your way!"

"Cara!" his voice ringed in my ear, right on cue.

"Cara!" Hayes came closer, stunning my heart with his voice.

Veronica glared at me with a smirk tugging at the corners of her light lips. I've only just realized how beautiful she was. Her blonde hair and blue shimmering eyes, made her breathtaking.

"That's my best friend! Boys holla at my best friend, she's a model!" I thought.

Then I heard the bell buzzing in my ears, sending all the students of Franklin High to advisory. Bodies of tall unknown strangers encircled around me, separating me from Veronica.

"I don't even know her schedule yet!!" I groaned.

Where's my advisory again? Come on, Cara! Orientation leaders told me pass two rows, left, right, left. Room 61B.

My stomach sank down my wobbly knees- my shaky breath filling my ears. I felt an anchor load yank me down as each foot took a step.

I was still crowded among others, but being in a jumble with other people made me feel less alone. I still had anxiety but nonetheless I knew I wasn't the only scared one.

"CARA!" he screeched.

"CARA!" the forceful voice repeated.

My heart entwined in a knot- a knot so complicated I felt each muscle tighten. Keep moving. I kept moving. A group of girls on my left, while a group of guys huddled on my right. I better get used to being an outsider.

********

I was stuck in an advisory with a man named, Mr. Thomas, an elderly man with white hair and crooked teeth who was mean, and scary.

We just read the entire advisory, but the whole time I examined his deathtrap. Old fashioned single seated desks, I'm pretty sure he's the only with these types of student seats, he already had 1/4 of one of his two whiteboards sectioned to: Lunch Detention

Somebody say devil in disguise. 

***********

Right now at 10:55 am I was sitting in Mrs. Mkinnley's 3rd period math. Hayes sitting directly behind me, I could feel his gravitating eyes trying to draw me in, except this time, I didn't give in.

"Psst! Cara!" he leaned against the table and tapped my shoulder. I swung around, flinched a smile, stated, "Hey," and returned back.

"What?" he mumbled, and he tried this procedure 5 times until he gave up.

Once again, my mind filled with unassured thoughts, does he care about me? Do I make his heart race increase to the point where its almost impossible to speak?

He had the effect on me. Dear Hayes,

you'll always have that effect on me.

After thinking that, I jumped out of shivers. I didn't want to think that about him. I didn't want anything to do with him.

*******

The last 30 minutes of class was a blur, I mean what am I supposed to do with your ex boyfriend sitting right on back of you?

Especially since my last memory of him, was an emotional breakdown of his at the park.

The teddy bear. And the heart breaking memories I had with him.

They all fluttered back into my stomach making it extremely hard to breathe. My head started to spin and my heart race started to pump.

Hayes. Hayes. Hayes. what are you doing to me?

I scanned the room for anything that could keep me occupied so I wouldn't have another moment daydreaming about Hayes.

My method for that didn't work.

******

"Okay class, I'll see you tomorrow to review my classroom procedures and expectations!" Mrs. Mkinnley dismissed. She had long black flowly hair that reached midway to her waist and a black pencil skirt and business blazer on.

Cute and professional, but I would lose the hooker heels she had on.

I zipped out of the doorway, when I was yanked away by Hayes. His blue dazzling eyes meet mine. Inches away from each other, we felt our pounding breath against us.

"Cara, we have lunch right now so can you please talk to me?" he started, gripping  my hand. His lips were so inviting, we were so close, and I couldn't hear a word he said because of the voice in my head screaming at me, "YOU WILL NEVER GET OVER HIM!"

"Cara! Didn't you hear me?" his voice cracked and I snapped back to reality. Staring at an unhappy pouting Hayes. "I literally memorized what I was going to say to you and you didn't even listen!" he grunted.

That is when I made the worst mistake I could ever do. "Hayes," I smirked, and he flinched a smile. I grabbed his wrist, pulled him in and gave panted a kiss right on his lips.