Chapter One

Draco was standing at the stove of his four bedroom and two bathroom house, cooking breakfast. A boy, age Ten, stood beside him.
The boy and him were opposite, that was for sure. Draco was pale and this boy wasn't, not in the slightly. Draco didn't care, but some of the neighbors did. It made it difficult for Draco to keep the broken boys sprits up. Draco was a foster parent. He had been for a few years now. He normally had more then once child, but the last two children were back with their families. So it was just Draco and David.

"You'll have to hurry, the bus will be here in just a few minutes." Draco said, putting down his plate of food. "How...come you wont talk about your tattoo?" David asked. "The same reason you don't like talking about what happened to your parents." Draco whispered. "That's different, Draco..." He frowned, slowly starting to eat as Draco Gathered David's school bag and school work. "It isn't, please don't bring it up again." Draco whispered. "How...long are you keeping me? I... realize it's difficult." He whispered. "David, I told you. I'll keep you until they find you a family to adopted you." Draco said, holding his small backpack on his own shoulder. "...do you not want to?" He whispered. "...Are you wanting me to? I haven't really thought about adoption really. I'm not sure if they'd let me. I'm not married." Draco pointed out. "I...think they might, but I understand if you don't want to." Draco smiled lightly. "If it's possible, I'd love to. Why don't we sit down with your social worker the next time she comes over for a visit, how does that sound?" Draco smiled lightly. "I'd...like that." David smiled. "Come. Let's get you on the bus."

Draco walked into his small office a little before nine that same morning. He found himself a part time job that worked around schooling hours of the foster children he homed. It was also an easier job. Even living in the muggle world for twelve years, learning about it had been a real challenge for Draco. He still didn't know a lot of things, and felt embarrassed often.
He sat down in his desk and opened the folder that was laid on his desk the evening before. Whatever paperwork that should be completed in the few hours he was here, was in this folder.
A few hours into his work day, his cell phone rang. He could never get used to the stupid ring. He expected it to be his mother, who was making her daily call a little early. As it was almost one, his lunch hour.

Hey, mom.

Hello, Draco. However, it's Sue!

Oh, I'm sorry! It's about the time my mother's calls. How can I help you?

I know I've placed multiple children with you before, but would you be comfortable taking on a group of siblings?

Um, how many are we talking about?

Three. Two primary school aged boys and a toddler girl. I know you don't normally get toddlers, but...We have trouble placing two siblings, let alone three.

I...suppose so, Sue. Are you going to drop them off? My van is currently at my mother's. I don't even think I have a child sit for the toddler.

I have the carsit. I'll leave it with you. Yes, I will drop them off. Four late enough?

Yes. Thank you.

Draco was very anxious. He was going form one to four, suddenly. His boss was understanding and agreed to give him a few days off. Hopefully, by then, his mother would be able to watch the toddler girl.

Draco's phone rang again, this time, his mother.

Hey, mom! I could use some help soon.

If it's that computer of yours, I won't be able to help you.

No, mum. Could you watch a toddler girl for me? I'm getting a group of siblings this afternoon. The youngest is a toddler.

I'll have to work it out with that boss of mine, but I am sure my hours can be changed! Are you wanting me to come meet them today, or do you want to spent time with the siblings?

Um, I'm not sure. Let me meet with them, and I'll have David work the phone. Or...can you call about dinner time?

Sure! I'll call this evening! Love you!

Draco was thankful they left their old life behind. He felt a little bad, his mother spent years lonely. Draco was thankful when his mother went on a date with a man just a touch older then her. He seemed to bring her back to life. He also know she couldn't marry, but didn't really understand why. However, neither one of them were young anymore. She moved in with him a couple years ago. She became a step mom to his teenage son. It was a little rocky, but over the last couple of years. The now twenty year old young adult man, was thankful to have a 'mother' and a big brother. Narcissa was also helping the new young father raise his son, who was just a couple months old. She was happy and Draco was thankful for that.

"You said three?" David asked, getting walked into the house right after school by Draco. "I did, yes. The boys should be around your age? I didn't really ask. I'm a bit nervous about having a toddler running around. Have...you ever been in a home with one before?" Draco asked and he nodded. "I can help you safe proof. They'll like you, they have no reason not to!" David pointed out. Draco knew that to not be true, there were a LOT of reasons why people might not like him, or haven't. Draco just smiled, shutting the door behind them. He walked over and grabbed a notebook of the desk, and listen to David. David telling him how to baby or toddler proof things and what all he'd need for the toddler. It made him feel slightly better. He did have help, David and his mother.