40

Draco yawned waking up that cold November morning. The cries came through the baby monitor, letting him know their little girl, Zoe Potter, was up and ready for her bottle. Harry slowly sat up in the bed. His back was pretty achy today. Draco slipped out of the bed and disappeared to the nursery that held the four young children. He soon returned with the girl, laying her down in Harry's arms, with the bottle. Harry held he bottle to her mouth. She locked her little hand on his as she started to drink her bottle. "What time are we supposed to be back today?" Harry asked, forgetting the time Narcissa and Richard would have their daughter's party set up. "After work. Just going to be us, love. Mama is still iffy about people and Richard doesn't seem to have much family, at least non he has talked about." Draco pointed out. "I see. Your mum is pretty excited, isn't she?" Harry smiled lightly. "Yes, she is. Remus, asked if he could work...I don't mind, but how do I explain to my boss,  he needs the night off the full moon off and the next day?" Draco asked. "You don't. Remus will only work part time, and we will have the days requested off before head. I'll keep track of the moon cycle. He just...rather go back to teaching, but because of his health now, he can't do it full time." Harry said, looking down at their daughter. She was still drinking her bottle. "He could be a substitute teacher. They don't always have work, at the secondary school is pretty understaffed. I'm sure they would take part time help." Draco pointed out. "I'll talk it over, but for now, can you talk to the boss man? He's been very understanding of myself." Harry said. "I'll talk to him after the meetings today." Draco said, putting the diaper bag on the bed. "Can you handle it, or do I need to aid?" Draco asked. "I got it, I'll meet you downstairs." Harry said.

--

Narcissa Franklin had breakfast on the table and the children sat around eating. The babies in the highchair as the the last of the adults joined the table. "It completely slips my mind, that you went back to school. How is it going?" Richard asked. "It's okay. I'm excited actually, but Adam, I have a lab today. I'm not home until six or so." Tiffany said. "That's fine. Aren't those meetings today, though?" Adam turned to his brother. "Yes, dad?" Draco asked. "I'll pick the kids up, yes." Richard said. Richard would pick up the primary school students and little Annie, form preschool. "Thanks." Draco said. "Of course. Just please hurry home, you guys." Richard said. "We haven't forgotten about the birthday girl." Draco said, before being called over to the phone.
Draco spent an half an hour on the phone before coming back over to them. "Draco?" Narcissa asked, seeing Draco's tuck his wand back up. "She didn't ask questions, but I think she knows. Anyway. She has an emergency placement for me. A teen, girl. I just made the girls room bigger and added another bed. She knows I'll be at work, but you or Remus can sign the paperwork." Draco said. "What...makes it emergency?" She asked. "She's coming from the hospital, if that tells you anything." Draco said and she frowned. "Another sister is cool." Destiny said and he smiled. "Don't push her, but do try and make friends girls. Draco said.

--

Narcissa had the babies, Koda, Faith, Billie and Zoe, playing on the mat and Lily was working on a book. She was starting to read and she didn't like to be bothered. They didn't mind, she was a smart girl.
Narcissa sat down the tray of tea and Remus poured himself a cup. "You seen the room, yet?" He asked. "I did. Another bed and some clothes. Draco said he'd talk to her and get more added another time. He isn't too sure just how long she is staying." Narcissa said. "I don't understand how some random kid is being dropped off." Remus said. "Draco is a Foster Parent. I'm not sure all the details, I just know children have came and went in his care. He is working on the adoption of David and his sister, but most aren't up for adoption or have a new placement later on." Narcissa said, glancing over at the babies. Koda was starting to run around the living room, being a giggly little boy. She smiled. "I see. How's... Adam? Him and Tiffany have been seen twice this week leaving your room in the morning." Remus asked. "The doctor is changing his medication, again, so he isn't feeling the best. It's just best he keeps close. It makes us all feel better." Narcissa said. "I understand. I also like how Draco and Adam act like siblings. It's almost funny. They bicker and love one another like brothers do." Remus said and she smiled. "I am to. I made piece having just the boys, I didn't even know I was pregnant. I had her, in the bathroom upstairs." Narcissa said. "I've been told. Faith is a happy girl, that is all that matters." Remus said, before the knock was heard. Narcissa got to her feet and went to answer the door.

--

Narcissa walked the teenager to the bedroom she'd shared with the girls, turning on the light. Her name, Rachel, on the wall above her bed. The loft bed in the Conner of the room, with the name Destiny on the wall, lastly, the bunk beds. The bottom bunk had a toddler safer bar, with Lily's name on the door of the bed and the top bunk slightly bigger, with Annie's name on the foot of the bed. The girl's red hair, didn't go with her mixed skin tone. She slowly sat down on the bed, after putting her backpack on the bed. "She said...it's a big lot." She said and Narcissa smiled. "You share a bedroom with three other girls, Destiny, another foster children, Annie, my granddaughter, and Lilly, another granddaughter. The boys room, Teddy, David, James and Albus. David is also a foster child, Destiny's big brother. Draco, your new foster father, is working on adopted them both. Teddy is Remus biological son, but... Was adopted by Harry. Your foster father's, boyfriend. James and Albus are Harry's sons. Lily is his daughter. The nursery, hold Koda, Faith, Billie and Zoe. Koda is Adam's son. Faith is my daughter. Billie is Tiffany's daughter. Zoe is Draco's and Harry's daughter. Adults, Remus, his bedroom Is the attic. Myself and my husband. Adam and Tiffany. Draco and Harry." Narcissa said. "Oh...Okay." she said. "Did you have breakfast?" She asked. "... I don't want to trouble you." She whispered.
Narcissa had her come downstairs, joining Remus on the couch. Rachel quickly caught the attention of Lily who hurried over. Remus put her on the couch beside her and Lily talked to her for half an hour. It made the girl smile.
Koda soon seen her and run himself into her legs. "Ha!" Koda giggled. "Why
..look at you." She said, slowly picking up the now toddler and put him on her lap. Koda relaxed against her. "The kids are very friendly. The older kids kept pretty busy. I'm sure if you are here long enough, you'll join them." Remus said. "Just...depends on... Draco I think is my actual foster parent." She said softly. "My understanding is, the young man won't turn anybody away. I'm sure if you want, you could stay." Remus said. "Most...white families don't want me." She said. "You must not of noticed the picture." Remus said, pointing to the last family's photo. Well, of the 11 children. She reached over and picked it up. She was quick to spot the two children that stood out form the others. "No, I didn't see that. How...long have the been here?" She asked. "I while, Draco is working on adoption I heard. It's a very blended family, Rachel, but you are welcomed here." Remus said, as she sat down the photograph. Her fingers now being played with by the little boy on her lap. Koda giggled, looking up at her. "Thanks...' she said softly. She was unsure of her thoughts. She'd came from a group home, bullied pretty roughly and her last few placements were shit. She'd just have to wait and see.

--

The last person made it home by half after six. The kitchen sit up for the brithday girl, Faith, who Narcissa was currently getting dressed. Draco took this opportunity to find and talk to Rachel, who had been pulled into the bedroom the girls shared. Destiny was talking to her, while Lily and Annie played together with some toys. "Des. Go see if Grandma needs some help with Faith." Draco said. "Okay, but the school still needs the band money." Destiny frowned. "I'll write a check, Destiny. Go." Draco said, watching the girl head out the bedroom. "She didn't get the chance to tell me very much about you, Rachel. I'm sure...you haven't really shared a bedroom with three other girls, before." Draco said. "I have, but... normally not so young. Girls my age." She said. "Annie and Lily are very sweet girls. You'll enjoy their company. Were you in school?" He asked. "Two town over. She said...you'd have to change my school." She said. "Yeah. I'll look over the paperwork this weekend. You'll join the secondary school in town." He said. "There's...a boy missing." She said. "Teddy goes to a private school. He won't be back until summer." Draco said. "Oh...Okay. so, it's just me in the new school?" She asked. "You don't have to worry, alright? I've sent older kids there before. It's a great school, Rachel. They are very understanding of my foster teens." Draco said. "So, I'm not the first teenager?" She asked. "No, you aren't. I haven't had a Foster kid in a while, well...I guess that isn't true. I haven't had a new foster child in a while. However, I've done it for some time. You haven't a thing to worry about, okay? Come. Mum should be ready with Faith. She's one today." Draco said.

--

Draco yawned, climbing into bed that night beside Harry. "How's the girl?" Harry asked. "She's okay. Rachel and I, will meet with the social work, sometimes next week. I'm not sure how long she'll be staying." Draco said, reaching over and turning off the lamp. "If she's here long, she'll...need to be told." Harry pointed out. "I will, promise. Just, let her rest and get comfortable for a few days. She sounded exhausted." Draco frowned. "I'm sure it gets old...never having a place to call home." Harry said. "I hope I can help...even if it's for a short time... I hope you don't mind." Draco said. "Of Course not! It makes you happy." Harry said, placing a light kiss on his cheek. "Thank you, my love." Draco said.