35

--Four Month later--
--June--

Today was a good and awful day for Adam. A year ago, his son was born. That's good, even great, but that also meant a year ago, his brand new bride died. So today, was a very emotional day for the young man. That meant his father and step mother were very worried about him, but couldn't let it show, only watch their boy as he started his day.

Adam's day started by giving his girlfriend a light kiss on her neck. She'd been standing at the bathroom mirror, taking the medication her therapist prescribed her to aid in her postpartum depression. It had been aiding, but Tiffany still didn't like taking it. It made her feel crazy, needing the aid of pills to feel herself again. She hated it, but at least the love for her daughters was back, fully. The love she was growing for Adam was growing as well and the love for Koda was already strong since the love was back for her own daughters. So, she took the medication after a few seconds of hesitation each morning.
She gave him a light smile. "How many people are coming today?" She asked. "Just Hermione, Ron and their little girl. It's just a family party. He's just one." Adam said softly. "So, his grandparents aren't invited?" She asked. "No, they aren't. I don't think you recall, but they tried to take him form me, because they thought I was to young. They aren't going to be in his life anytime soon until I get a actual apology. Not some second hand apology." Adam said. "I see." She said, before the cries of Billie brought them to the crib.

Billie was a girl of four months old now. She was starting to get wiggly and started to show a bit of personality, but was currently a hungry little girl and cried until she got settled on her mommy's arms, drinking her bottle. She could grip her own little bottle. So she laid on her arms holding it tightly with both her tiny hands, as her big sister, Anne, ran over to her. "Sister! No loud screaming." Anne said, pointing a finger. Adam chuckled, but eased down to his daughter. "Anne, we talked about why sister and brother scream." Adam said. "They need to learn to talk then." She pointed out. "Koda is able to say a word or two, but they are still very little. It's going to be a while before they can tell us they are hungry. You are just going to have to be patient." Adam said. "They have to get bigger." She said. "I promise they are growing sweet girl. Go play, Anne." Adam said.

-

After Anne hurried back out the room, Adam couldn't help but laugh. "She is adorable." Adam said, but let out a sigh. "I have someplace to go, before this afternoon." Adam then said. "Take your brother with you, Adam. Your father will just send him there if you don't, or we could all just go." She said. "I don't think it's appropriate to take my girlfriend to my dead wife's gravestone." Adam said. "Adam. She's the mother of my son. Just like the girls. You are their father, but they look nothing like you or Koda. Anne already knows and so will Billie. It's no different. At some point, Koda will learn the truth and I rather him always know." Tiffany said, putting Billie on her shoulder and started to pat the baby's back. She was finished with the bottle and needed to burp. Adam let out a sigh. "I...suppose so. I just...don't want Koda to grow up thinking it was his fault." Adam said. "We won't let him think that. Can you get the diaper bags? All three of them. Anne is feeing left out if she doesn't have one. Just put some toys or Something in it. I'll make a couple more bottles for Billie and some juice bottles for Koda." She said. "No, juice. It's too acidic. It's upsetting his stomach. Just water and some of his gold fishes." Adam said. "Alright. If you get him and Anne, I'll meet you in the can with Billie and the drinks and snacks." She said. "Okay."

--

Harry sat up in the bed he shared with Draco. It was becoming more and more challenging to move himself in his wheelchair with the growing stomach. Harry was currently 28 weeks pregnant with their child. Something new to the magical world. Something to help keep the population form dying out. Something that Harry Potter still had mix feelings about. He still couldn't care for himself, because he was paralyzed. His children were still under the legal care of Draco Malfoy, who was a father of two foster children. So, together was five children. Now six. Harry wasn't sure what to make of being a broken father of six.
His depression sometimes took control, and he was fighting to not let it take control today. It helped when Draco joined him in bed and brought him out of his thoughts by a kiss and his hand resting on his stomach. "Tell me, is the baby moving a lot today?" Draco asked, hoping to feel the movement of the little one again today. Harry smiled lightly. "About normal, but she seems to know when you're here." Harry said. "I thought we didn't want to know the gender?" Draco said and Harry chuckled. "I don't know for sure, it's just a feeling is all." Harry said. "Boy or girl, I don't care. All I care about is you and the baby safe and healthy." Draco said. "The healer is pretty certain the both of us are going to be just fine, love. Where did Adam and them go?" Harry asked. "The cemetery." Draco said. Harry frowned. "Why the cemetery? Isn't his party in just a few hours?" Harry asked. "It is, yes. However...today is a day of mix feelings for Adam. Koda was born, yes, but she also died the same day. They hardly had time to get Koda out." Draco frowned. "Oh. I see." Harry said, getting another light kiss. "You should lay back down, Harry." Draco said. "Oh." Harry blushed just slightly, kissing Draco back slowly, getting laid down on the bed.

-

Richard and Narcissa Franklin set the house up for the small celebration of the infant boy, who turned one year old today. The household would be left waiting a couple more hours then originally planned, as it wasn't so easy for Adam to leave the cemetery. It took some convincing form his girlfriend, Tiffany, and his babies getting fussy, before he was ready to leave the gravestone. He was always going to love her. That was something Tiffany understood, but it was growing late and they still had to celebrate Koda. Koda was Adam's world and needed to be celebrated.

-

After Koda's home pictures for his birthday, Adam took his clothes off, leaving his goofy boy in his diaper and put him in his highchair. Koda was laughing and clapping his little hands at all the attention he was getting. Rose, a girl of just 22 months old, was doing that baby talk with Koda that made him even more giddy then before until his special, personal cake was sat on his highchair. His little bitty eyes got very big as everybody started to sing happy birthday to the baby. Before they even finished, he shoved both his little hands in the cake and took big, messy bits of the cake. Adam laughed, as Richard and Narcissa then pulled out the cake for the rest of them and past it out. Koda? Was covered in cake, but a very giggly and happy baby boy and Adam couldn't be more thankful.

Adam sat Koda in the bathtub to clean him up, feeling a light kiss on his head. Tiffany was standing there. "Hi, love." Adam said as Koda splashed at the water. "If I grab the seat, can you bathe Billie too?" She asked. "Of course. Is Anne in bed yet?" Adam asked. "Hermione is tucking her and Rose in. Rose is apparently spending the night." Tiffany said. "I think they are going away the weekend? Her parents are still...Unkind. She doesn't like taking Rose over there." Adam said. "Of course. I...got a call..form the university." She said. "Are you wanting to go back to school?" He asked. "...Would you mind? I'd...have to start my 2nd year over, but..." She started to say. "I don't mind, really. Meet with the dean, love." Adam said and she gave him a smile, before she went to get Billie.

Adam laid both babies in their cribs before he eased down on the swing outside in the back yard. His hand went to his locket. His father, Richard, knew to still keep an eye on his boy. After giving the young man a few minutes to himself, Richard wondered outside. "Thanks, for his car seat, even thought his pediatrician said to keep him in his infant seat." Adam said. "So it Seats new in the box for a few more months, no big deal. Adam, you really should come inside." Richard said, but knowing his boy, took the swing beside him. "I'm fine, dad." Adam said. "I know you, son." Richard said and Adam shrugged his shoulders. "Koda is very much loved, Adam. Tiffany does love that boy." Richard said. "I know, but she shouldn't have dead, Dad. Then, her parents judged me for my age and tried to take him. He's my son, not theirs. Then, she sent me this hateful email, because it's my fault her daughter is dead." Adam said and Richard let out a sigh. "I will handle his grandparents, Adam. It is not your fault. Don't let that woman get in your head." Richard said. "You are a year to late for that, father. I'm fine, I don't need a babysitter." Adam said. "Then come back inside. Tiffany and the children are already in bed. You should be too." Richard said. After a huff, Adam stood up and stromed inside the house.

-

Tiffany was in bed, but had yet to go to sleep. She held out her hand when Adam entered their bedroom. He let out a sigh and give her a light smile. He slowly joined her in bed, kissing her head. "I...know today isn't how you planned on spending it." Adam said. "Today went just fine, Adam. Really. Please don't worry." She said, giving him a light kiss. Adam locked his arms around her, and the pair went to sleep.